New Perfect Dark XBLA screens compare old and new

Monday, 24th August 2009 19:07 GMT By Nathan Grayson

perfecterdark

Rare’s applied a bit (and only a bit) of its modern tech wizardry to the nine year-old Perfect Dark, and presto: no more wrinkles or gray hairs. Heck, you don’t even have to squint to see, well, everything anymore.

Check out the old-meets-new screens over at Shacknews.

1. Hunam

I think it looks great. Sure it’d not all spiffy modern, but it makes the game look good without sacrificing the look of the original. Considering the excellent job done with the Banjo ports, I’m very much looking forward to this.

2. MushroomStamp

eh.. still same gameplay.. these days it’s very dated. There are so many new and modern games, it amazes me people that will go back and play something dated. I’ve been videogaming since ’78 and I never go back and play games that are older than a year.

3. Madeira

@MushroomStamp: Hopefully that’s the worst thing I read on the internet today.

The only thing that held PD back from being one of the greatest games ever made was the N64 controller and the shit framerate.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Looks great!! I can’t even imagine the amount of hours I put into this game and 007 back in the day. I actually rather enjoyed the N64 controller…

The graphics are what’s dated not the gameplay!!! lol

5. MushroomStamp

Well.. I disagree.. and I found PD the first time thru to be mediocre.. maybe it was the best on the N64, but that isn’t saying much. I played it when it came out, that was enough.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Cool man. I like a romp down nostalgia lane every now and then. I only wish they’d re-release 007. That has to be my favorite FPS of all time.

7. MushroomStamp

007 made me motion sick.. I think it was the narrow shallow corridors without jumping making it seem on rails.. whatever it was.. I couldn’t play 007 more than 10 minutes before feeling sick. Only shooter besides the original Wolfenstein to make me do that.