Adults-only version of Manhunt 2 in the works, says ESRB

Monday, 24th August 2009 19:26 GMT By Nathan Grayson

manhunt23

The ESRB seems to have sprung a leak the size of Sony, yet game publishers keep letting it in on all their darkest secrets. And hoo boy, does this one look dark. According to an ESRB listing, Rockstar’s set to release an AO version of Manhunt 2 on the PC.

So, what makes this new version so rough and tough that even the extreme maturity of a 17 year-old can’t handle it? “Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs” — you know, the usual suspects, but probably without that weird strobe thing that used to happen when you killed people.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. MushroomStamp

I would be interested if it came out for console…

2. Nathan Grayson

Just sent an email over to 2K asking if it will come out for consoles, so we should know something sooner or later.

3. M337ING

It’s not going to… Don’t Sony and Microsoft forbid Ao games on their consoles? That’s the whole reason why this is on PC.

4. theevilaires

sony wont allow AO games on their systems

5. DaMan

I’ve played the leaked version back then, it was the same except execution video sequences didn’t have the acid trip effect.

a shitty game, the first one was a lot better.

6. BULArmy

When I see AO game on the consoles I will know that something has gone very, very, very wrong.
    And WTF a two-years-old game for the last gen is coming to the PC. I just don’t know where the logic is.

7. theevilaires

the logic is they need bonuses for next year and they need to tap into as many resources as they can to get those 2-5 million dollar bonuses. while the poor people (xbots) can barely afford a PS3. Damn capitalism! :P

8. MushroomStamp

… I have every console and about 5 PC’s in my house… just because people don’t like PC gaming doesn’t mean they can’t afford them. I don’t like PC gaming at all and I make a lot of money.. so off the the pompous elitist soap box please.

9. Hunam

What’s everyone got against AO games?

10. satsugai

Please don’t be bad like Bully for pc was. :(

11. trivi4l

I had the unrated version for the PSP and it was pretty good. Definite buy on PC

12. Egon Superb

That screenshot… is that Kieron Gillen?