Guitar Hero 5 DLC will not be compatible with World Tour

Saturday, 22nd August 2009 19:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

guitarheroiii5

Activision has told D’toid that Guitar Hero 5 downloadable content is not compatible with World Tour.

This does not mean,though, that it will not be compatible with other Hero titles.

“Guitar Hero 5 downlodable content will be compatible with future Guitar Hero and Band Hero games,” a rep told the site. “However, the advancements and innovations made to the franchise do now allow for downloadable content to be backwards compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour.”

Previously purchased DLC is compatible, and it’s also possible to export songs from Guitar Hero World Tour and Smash Hits to play in Guitar Hero 5. But, you will need to download tracks with the updated Guitar Hero 5 features.

It’s out September 1.

More through the link.

1. Michael O'Connor

Translation: We want to rip off the consumer by forcing them to buy the new game just to play the newer music.

And *this* is why Rock Band is the better franchise.

2. Hunam

By previous, do they just mean GHWT? I have some stuff from 3 lying around still…

3. Cort

Every single fucking day my Activision boycott gets personally more justified. A$$hole$.

4. Psychotext

“And *this* is why Rock Band is the better franchise.”

Not really… Rock Band just did exactly the same thing with the Beatles tracks.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

The Beatles RB is a completely seperate entitey in my opinion.

What about the guitars? Can we use GH3 guitar with GH5? (it worked with WT, Aerosmith, and Metallica)

Furthermore, I’m hoping my GH3 guitar will work with Beatles RB. It’s the only one I’ve got and it works with everything so far including RB2. I just want the games, not the additional plastic.

6. ashers2ashers

Hunam:
    Same!
    Well, not same, as I don’t have any GH3 DLC, but I would definitely buy the muse pack, and maybe some others but I don’t really remember any sticking out as much as that (they are my favourite band)