Rumour – Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned coming to PS3 [Update]

Thursday, 20th August 2009 22:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

tld

Update: This aint as big, but EB Games have listed the strategy guide for The Ballad of Gay Tony for 360, PC and… wait for it …PS3. This is starting to snowball a bit.

Thanks, Dr. Ghettoblaster.

Original Story: Take with a pinch as always, but this may have some validity to it.

PS3 EU Mod, Yaster, has apparently confirmed that a PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned is at GamesCom. Better yet, it’s playable apparently.

“And they were certainly showing some PS3 love – Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and the Damned was available to play in a special 18+ area, we didn’t manage to get our hands on it due to the MASSIVE queue – but those inside looked pretty ***** excited.’”

We’ve left an email with Rockstar to see what the fuck is going on.

You can find more info through here.

1. No_PUDding

If this is true, it’s ridiculous.

The ONLY true Rockstar exclsuive this generation is Table Tennis.

2. Psychotext

Why’s that Pud? I think everyone realised it was going to happen at some point or another. True 3rd party exclusives are very rare this gen.

3. Razor

Now that Lost and Damned has served its purpose for MS, it’s plausible.

4. Johnny Cullen

Yup.

5. Johnny Cullen

What about Gay Tony, Razor?

6. No_PUDding

Psycho, I seriously NEVER thought this would come seriously.

Certainly not now. I thought becuase it’s DLC, and becuase of the 50 million.

Anyway, so if this happens, then get excited for Agent on the 360. Even if this isn’t true (but this is the second rumour I heard of this) then you should probabaly expect Agent eventually.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

For whatever it’s worth (prob not much), EB Games has the Ballad of Gay Tony strategy guide listed with a release date of 10/28 for PC, X360, and PS3.

8. No_PUDding

Yeah Johnny, that’s what I meant.

I eman, it’s stupid to think the next disc based game from Rockstar North could be properly exclusive, but timed is what matters these days, if it’s third party.

9. Psychotext

“Certainly not now. I thought becuase it’s DLC, and becuase of the 50 million.”

Maybe now people will understand that the $50m was a loan (which MS likely has back by now).

10. Johnny Cullen

Thanks, Ghetto.

I’ll update the article accordingly.

Pud – Actually, I just remembered. Table Tennis wasnt a full exclusive. It went to the Wii last year.

11. Razor

It was really the announcement of the DLC in 2006 where MS has been using the advantage for the 2 year run up to GTA.

Now L&D has served its purpose, I just can’t see Gay Tony having that much impact, especially for a game that’s 1/half years old.

People have made the choice of what system they’re going to play GTA on. And they’ve chosen the 360 version more than PS3 version. That’s all MS wanted.

They probably couldn’t care less if it goes to the PS3.

12. Cort

Razor’s right. Pretty hard to argue with that thinking.

13. No_PUDding

I always believed it was a loan, but it was kind of a….

Take Two in the desert situation, Microsoft has some water,

I thought it was so pivotal then, that Microsoft could ahve got 10 years exclsuvitiy.

14. Robo_1

Further proof that the only exclusive stuff this gen, is going to be first party published.

15. Razor

“Take Two in the desert situation, Microsoft has some water”

That’s still the way it is today :)

16. Dralen

Lol I bought Grand Theft Auto IV on the 360, just because of this EXCLUSIVE dlc. If I’d known it wasn’t as exclusive as MS claimed it to be I probably would have bought the PS3 version. So MS have definitely pulled a fast one on me.

17. Bulk Slash

@Dralen, why would you have probably bought the PS3 version? The 360 version runs better than the PS3 one.

18. onyxbox

Next time MS anounce “exclusive” just about everyone will think “yeah right” :-/
    1st party is the way to go for true exclusives.

Unless of course 360 or PS3 suddenly gain a lead over the other that’s so big the 3rd party publisher won’t care about the smaller market share… and this Gen I think 360 & PS3 will have pretty even sales so I can’t see that happening.

19. theevilaires

LOL still not buying it…until i platinum the game :P

20. Neolucifer

Wont get it personally . Not because i’m pissed at (still ridiculous) dlc exclusive deals . I just dont care about dlc with a new character instead of Niko bellic .

I signed up for Bellic’s story , wich i got and was happy enough with , not some random biker dude or whoever will be plyable in Gat tony .

I understand it was either that or going the vice city and san andreas spin off route as full games , but i just aint interested enough .

It’s cool though that finally ps3 get to enjoy it if they want

21. theevilaires

its funny how the xbots were talking shit about this dlc now ps3 owners are getting this plus fallout3 with holiday 09 and 1st quarter 2010 mega exclusives.

LMAO sony planned this from 06 I know it. $299 PS3 vs $250 wii or $300 (maybe) 360….yea don’t be tricked again people this is your chance to redeem yourselves from all that stupid Wii60 bullshit :P PS3 FTW!

22. rocky047586

Johnny_Callen said: “Based on this evidence (and what Pat said at E3), same thing is gonna happen to Agent as well.”

No, that won’t happen because of the fact that Sony has signed exclusive deals with them, and put their own money into the production of the game and not just to secure the title like MS did with this DLC. Agent will not go to Xbox 360, if it does, Sony will be paying for their development is what you’re trying to say and I don’t think that Sony would want to do that.

Agent stays where it is, it’s an entire game that was signed over to PS3 and production dollars added in by Sony itself compared to some DLC that they would’ve been made regardless of the 50 million that MS gave them to secure the title or not.

23. Blerk

I’m guessing this won’t launch on the PS3 as DLC, but will rather be a PS3 version of the ‘Episodes from Liberty City’ stand-alone disc that’s due to be released in a couple of months.

Microsoft paid for the ‘DLC’, after all. If it’s on disc and not DLC then all bets are off, yes? :-)

24. Gadzooks!

@theevilaires

Is your daytime job being a twat as well as being a twat in your spare time?

Why can’t you just be happy that PS3 owners will get to play the expansion, or would that show weakness in the face of ‘the enemy’?

I swear children these days care more about names than the products bearing them…

25. Dralen

@Bulk Slash
    Alot of my friends at uni only have a PS3, so I was gonna play online with them. But I’m also a big fan of GTA so I wanted the most out of it. Thats why I bought it on 360 originally.

26. stvw74

I know I’m thru with Niko’s idiosyncrasies and that damn cousin of his .. does anybody still actually play GTAIV?
    seems like they’ll need to do something extra to make this worthwhile .. what about Home support??

27. Tonka

Table Tennis came out for the Wii. Just as shit (if not shitter than the 360 version)

28. theevilaires

LOL at 24 you’re right I’ve been a total ass this past week, but i’m just too pumped after the Sony D-day man. please forgive my rude remarks it just feels great that the negativity and hate of the PS3 is at an all time low right now.

People are starting to respect it as great game machine as well as an all around media beast. All I have left to say is if you don’t have a PS3 now is the time to pick one up :)

PEACE and put a paypal donate option on the site please, I got to get Steph a PS3 :)

29. Tonka

I hear there is a pricedrop planned for Nov 2010. That will be the time to pick it up.

30. theevilaires

price drop for what Tonka? hotpockets? lol I’m Joking but yea how about that sony releases a new sku with a 40gb hdd for $250.00. the shit would hit the fan :P

31. Johnny Cullen

Got a response from Rockstar just now: it’s still exclusive to the 360.

So is The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Check the front page in about 5/10 minutes.

32. Psychotext

lol… they can mouth the words, but if it was on display then what they say comes across as a little irrelevant. :)

33. Bulk Slash

@Dralen- Ah, fair enough. It’s always best to get the version your mates have. ;)