Persona 3 coming to PSP

Tuesday, 18th August 2009 11:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

persona-3

The remake for the first game is not even out the door yet for the PSP and they seem to have skipped 2, yet Atlus are porting Persona 3 for the PSP from the PS2 – that’s according to the latest issue of Famitsu.

There’s not much there in the way of info except that the port will have a new female playable character.

No date yet.

Scans over at the Examiner.

1. Hunam

Persona 3 is probably the best JRPG i’ve played in years, even if it’s just a story tweak and a new main char, i’d buy this without hesitation.

2. Aimless

Excellent news! I went straight into P4 so this will be entirely new to me.

If it’s anything like the fourth then it’ll be perfect bedtime gaming; it isn’t really about production values and is structurally well suited to a handheld.

3. Blerk

Persona 3 was amazingly good. I loved it to bits. All the JRPGs I’ve played since have been somewhat disappointing, unfortunately. Persona spoiled me! :-D

4. Hunam

The battle system itself is better in 4, so I hope they followed that across, but the characters, setting and dungeon layout (a big grind tower in 3, vs dungeons in 4) in 3 appealed to me a lot more than they seem to do in 4.

5. Suikoden Fan

i was just about to play p3, now i’m wondering if i should wait (i have the fes version) for this to get localised?

6. Will_Hunting

I came.

7. locus2k1

If this is FES edition: WANT!

Wait, what the hell am I saying?! either way it’s awesome to see this coming to PSP.

Might be difficult to get me off of MHFU long enough to play it when it’s out though….

8. SunKing

I will definately be getting this.

9. Hunam

Just gone and ordered the Persona remake on PSP, damn Persona.

I now own Persona 3 PAL, Persona 3 FES PAL, Persona 4 NTSC, Persona 4 PAL with the aforementioned US release of Persona PSP pre-order.

PER-SO-NA.

10. Neolucifer

I own persona 1 psx jap , Persona 3 US, Persona 3 FES US, Persona 4 US , Persona 2 Innocent sin and Persona 2 eternal punishement . And i wont even mention the actual shin megami tensei titles and kuzonoha raidou .

A pity i expected both persona 2 games to get a psp version before they’d consider persona 3 . They never released the first part of persona 2 , thought at least an amateur translation appeared many years later .

I’m definitely looking forward to any kind of persona on psp anyway .

11. Hunam

I’m not the biggest Megaten fan to be honest, but Persona 3 really struck a chord with me. I think I’ve only got SMT3: Nocture US and Digital Devil Saga 1+2 US to really add to the SMT collection.