Bethesda: There is “enough content out there” for Fallout 3

Monday, 17th August 2009 17:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

fallout3

Bethesda’s Todd Howard has said that five DLC chapters was “enough” DLC for Fallout 3.

“I think we’ve put enough content out there for this game,” said Howard.

Speaking to Kotaku, the lead designer on the game said that the dev team was split into two after development on the game was done: one half working on DLC for the game and the other working on the next big title from Bethesda.

“About half the team goes on to the next big game. The other half, which is mostly a lot of artists and designers go on to DLC stuff.”

He also revealed that the plan was to do three chapters – Operation Anchorage, The Pitt and Broken Steel – and see what happened from there.

“We knew we wanted to do three initially and we’ll see where that goes. I kind of had in my mind that the upper limit was five. Part of that was what I think people are willing to continue to pay for a game. And a lot of that is our own internal bandwidth.”

And the rest they say is history.

1. joseangelhe

Sadness ensues… :,(

2. joshua nash

no more dlc for fallout 3 = EPIC FAIL

3. tont

One big chapter of amazingness and five tiny ones I refuse to buy until they’re all on one disc.

Episodic content is so, so, so, so, so, shit. Lowering the bar for everyone!

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Kudos to Bethesda for an incredible job well done. Here’s hoping more developers follow suit with the quality AND quantity of their DLC.

5. joseangelhe

@tont & Dr.Ghettoblaster

Agreed. Some of the most fun I’ve had on my Xbox360 last year and this one.

Couldn’t have lasted forever.

Cheers

6. fearmonkey

I’m sad to know it’s officially the end of official DLC for this game. I felt the same way when they cut off DLC for Oblivion.
    If people still want more DLC, buy the PC version, and download people’s mods for it. I haven’t touched the mod’s yet for Fallout 3, but Oblivion had some great ones!!

(Also, the PC version of Fallout 3 has some hilarious cheats, like giving you Liberty primes beam weapon, and his bombs. Also, the single shot kill non-scoped 44 magum that does 6000+ damage a shot)

7. fearmonkey

My big question for Bethesda is “What is this next big game?” Please let it be TES related, even if its not number 5 in the series.

8. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@fearmonkey
    Don’t forget the women in bikini’s – lol!