Former LucasArts CEO running for US Congress

Saturday, 15th August 2009 23:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

jimward

Former LucasArts CEO, Jim Ward, is running for Congress and hoping represent Arizona’s 5th Congressional District in Washington DC.

The Republican is currently a venture capitalist, and hoping to oust two-term Democrat Harry Mitchell.

Here is his “philosophy”:

I’m not a professional politician. I’m a businessman. And I don’t disagree that this country needs change. But, in my experience, there’s the right kind of change and the wrong kind of change. I believe what’s happening to this country represents the wrong kind of change.

It’s time politicians who just want to be politicians got out of the way and let people who have run businesses, created jobs and made decisions they’ve had to live with, go to Washington and straighten out this mess. I’ve got that skill set along with the ability to make the right kind of change. I hope you’ll agree.

Wonder if he’ll use The Force to get elected.

Via GamePolitics.

1. DaMan

“Wonder if he’ll use The Force to get elected”

rofl.

2. Hunam

Republican!?

/spits on floor

3. rainer

He was despised by Lucasarts fan community for running LA further into the ground (creatively & commercially) and was according to rumors pushed out of LA.

Somehow I get this guy is not really big on any kind of change.

4. Panipal2005

Urrgggrhh he’s not a Democrat he must be a right twat.

/sarcasm

/kinda beaten by hunam

5. rainer

To further dogpile on Ward I was just reading a preview of Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island from Bill Tiller & this timely quote seems relevant.

“It was a cool idea that never got off the ground, but the idea stuck in my head. After I left LucasArts, I still wanted to do a Monkey Island game but Jim Ward said Lucas would never do one again”

So we now know who to blame for Lucasarts for not having any Monkey Island games till now.

6. Hellboy

He’s the one who is to blame for canceling the Sam n Max sequel and who rushed KOTOR II. Well, maybe he’s to blame for the Full Throttle sequel too…