APB beta applications go live

Friday, 14th August 2009 13:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

apb8

Realtime Worlds has opened beta applications for APB: get your crime on right here.

The upcoming cops ‘n’ robbers MMO is slated for launch next spring. We got a good look at it at Develop this year, and had a long chat with company head Dave Jones on the game’s mechanics.

You probably want to be involved, to be honest. It looks amazing.

There’s date there on when the beta’s actually going to start.

1. Whizzo

If anyone is thinking of signing up while at work, be warned that you need a DXDIAG output to upload of your gaming PC which you probably won’t have on your office computer!

2. absolutezero

I dislike using dxdiag because of the fucked up way I’ve over-clocked means it does not recognise it. Stupid thing.

Filled everything in. I really want to play this.

3. Roybott

:( silly form kept moaning my email addresses were invalid… turns out it doesn’t like you typing in capital letters!

Signed up now :)

4. Gekidami

There isnt a red star next to dxdiag, you sure you NEED to give one? Personally i got up to “Why do you want to beta test APB” then just stoped bothering.

5. ShiroGamer

so,um
    WTF do I have to type exactly for the thing to consider my answer a “VALID” one ? (Why do you want o beta test APB)

!

EDIT:Submitted now

conts

6. Hunam

I just spoke the truth, I think the game looks top and I’m sick of shoddy MMO launches and am willing to help them out to make sure the game is great from day 1.

Some games launching soon I heard are in an absolute mess and I honestly couldn’t tell if it was 1 month or 1 year away from shipping.

7. Roybott

@ShiroGamer, their comment boxes don’t allow exclamation marks or brackets (and I presume some other non-alphanumberic characters) they decided to add some restrictions probably due to something they do while processing or storing the results.

8. ShiroGamer

I had dots and commas and then removed them
    or you want my speech to look like spilled beans ?
    :D

9. Roybott

Hmm… I had dots in mine, seems strange they wouldn’t allow commas

10. ShiroGamer

racist bastards
    its because I said i was African :(
    what kinda game asks about your race anyway

11. Roybott

:| really?

12. ShiroGamer

:’(

/goes to sit in the corner and cry

13. Mark Rein

Greetings from Dundee, Scotland. I just spent the past two days playing APB and I can tell you it is one of the greatest games EVER made. You are absolutely going to love it!

14. Johnny Cullen

Well, there is someone I didn’t expect a comment today. 8O

Still, glad you enjoyed it, Mark.