Classic Bullfrog remakes on the way?

Tuesday, 11th August 2009 00:36 GMT By Nathan Grayson

populou-pic

In the beginning, there was Bullfrog. And it was good. Then it got dissected and assimilated into the EA biomass, and Peter Molyneux ran off to form Lionhead Studios. The result? Bullfrog kicked the bucket, and gamers have been clamoring for series revivals ever since. Fortunately for those gamers, comments from EA’s Harvey Elliot would seem to indicate that the outlook is bright.

“For me, I love the old Bullfrog IP, it got me really passionately into games, and I’m really proud that Bullfrog is part of the heritage of Bright Light”, he said, speaking with Kikizo. “I’m personally a huge fan of Populous and Theme Park, they were some of my favourite games – many years ago, obviously – and I’d love to see both of those remade.”

“I’m going to look at them at some point, I think there’s an opportunity to bring those back in the future, but only if it’s right for the time and not just a ‘remake’ or something. We’d need to do it in a way that’s true to the original values, but would still make a great game today.”

Fingers crossed, people.

1. SunKing

A proper sequel to Theme Park would be great; the same applies to Theme Hospital.

2. Gamoc

Theme Park HD please.

3. zombieskin

Magic Carpet reboot; necessary.

4. Torkass

Oh yes ! Populous was great !

5. trivi4l

Dungeon Keeper HD please!
    Or Dungeon Keeper 3

6. rainer

Cool I’d love to see Populous again.

(On a side note about Bullfrog dissolving into EA it’s actually the other way round because Peter Molyneux jumped ship they were left without his leadership acting as a liaison to EA management – straight from ex Bullfrog folk)

7. Blerk

A new Theme Hospital would be stellar. Except it wouldn’t actually be by Bullfrog, which may prove somewhat problematic.

8. Lutz

Careful who you let do these games… Populous on DS was a travesty.

9. sickpuppysoftware

Syndicate please

10. Blerk

Didn’t they already confirm a Syndicate reboot? Or did I dream that?

11. ChrisPilote

Any of their games would perfectly suit me. They were all incredible in their own way.

12. SticKboy

MOAR Magic Carper NAO PLZ

13. Tntnico

Yup Theme Park HD would be cool, but Theme Hospital HD will be awesome ! I want it so bad, I dream of it since so many HD remakes are on this generation.

14. satsugai

Dungeon Keeper, Dungeon Keeper, Dungeon Keeper, Please!
    Just a remake of the first one would be amazing.

15. DrDamn

Magic Carpet & Syndicate please.