SCEE confirms Cologne reveal for new Heavy Rain character

Monday, 10th August 2009 14:49 GMT By Johnny Cullen

heavyrain11

SCEE’s confirmed to VG247 that a brand new Heavy Rain character will be revealed next week at GamesCom in Cologne.

PS3Center published an article yesterday saying a new protagonist would be revealed at the event, with a final main character reveal coming at Tokyo Game Show in September.

Asked if there was some weight to the article, an SCEE rep confirmed to us it was correct.

“Yes, that is true,” he said.

Director for the game, David Cage, first mentioned the reveal schedule in an interview with Kikizo earlier this year.

1. theevilaires

2010 will be a hell of a year for games. I’m looking forward to this a lot now. Hope the trophies are easy :D (they have to be right, it just QTE)

2. Gadzooks!

Good to hear the cast is nearly set.

Now if they could just announce there is a game to go with the cast and hype, that would be great.

3. No_PUDding

As much apathy as I have for this title. Please let the trolling be a little more transparent.

For some reason people like adventure games, and this is one.

4. Hunam

5. anasui

ah, when it’s Sony, it’s “trolling”

6. Johnny Cullen

“Fahrenheit was pretty amazing to be honest, so if this is as good as the first 2/3 of that then it’s going to be a winner.”

Bar the clunky controls, I agree.

7. Blerk

I liked Fahrenheit a lot, but it had a lot of issues. If they can fix all of that stuff for this game then theoretically they should be onto a winner.

8. Hunam

Oh god yeah, the game had more than it’s fair share of problems, but it had a genuinely interesting story for the most part which just kept urging you on.

9. theevilaires

When its Nintendon’t, its babying :P

10. pha1r

I think I’ll pass on this game

11. No_PUDding

I always forget about Fahrenheit. It was fun. But I ahven’t seen stress bars and conversation like that, in the demonstrations yet, so I am not that excited.