Guitar Hero 5: Video of Johnny Cash in action

Saturday, 8th August 2009 15:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

johnnycash

Johnny Cash’s likeness will be featured in Guitar Hero 5 – you knew that already though.

Since the fella is no longer around, Cash tribute artist Terry Lee Goffee provided the motion capture for the game, and the video of the result is posted after the beak.

The Man in Black looks rather good pixilated.

Game’s out for the usual suspects in September.

Via Kotaku.

1. Harry

Awesome. But “A Boy Named Sue” might have been a better song to do.

2. Stephany Nunneley

LOL! I think Delia’s Gone would have been fab myself

3. wz

This is a disgrace. Be ashamed of yourself.

I’m serious. Do the videogame makeover to those comical fu**head bands, but not to the man. He’s dead, he can’t kick your ass anymore. And he surely would.

4. cachucha

this is retarded, had enough with the horrid version of hendrix and now johnn cash? plz.. activision should burn in the ring of fire

5. Stephany Nunneley

At least he is not as hideous looking as the Van Halen boys. The team was either rushed or pissed to beat the band on that title.

6. Cort

I don’t get this. Guitar Hero games started as guitar games. But if I’ve got this right, in response to Rock Band, GH games expanded to include bass, drums and vocals. Now, Acti have come up with Band Hero – a name which is self-explanatory. Yes?

So why is Guitar Hero 5 a full band and not just guitar? Why still make it a game with guitar, bass, drums and vocals, when there are plenty of people like me who want a guitar-only game, AND they have Band Hero on the way for those who DO want the full band experience/gameplay?

7. ashers2ashers

Cort, I agree with you, but I’m also thinking I’d be pretty annoyed if they did that in some ways, coz there would be some songs I’d really wanna play the drums to and unless they had a download code like rock band would do, so they can be exported to another game like band hero so you can play multi-instruments if you want (which they probably wouldn’t) then it would suck quite a bit for taking something game series that they worked to get into it in the last one, with Gutiar Hero: World Tour.

Although it does still go against the name Guitar Hero (when partnered with another game called Band Hero at least – when released alongside that, it really does imply that guitar hero 5 will only be for guitar – or “guitar-based” songs as I’m sure activision will say)

Either way I’m currently happy that my favourite band is in GH again – and this time with Matt Bellamy as a playable character too! (I’m obviously talking about Muse :D) Although I’m pretty certain there is no famous character in GH that looks really good. Though I don’t think Tom Morello and Slash – maybe Ozzy too – looked that bad. Not James Hetfield/Billy Corgan bad. Hope Matt ain’t too bad :)