What next gen Staff of Kings might have looked like

Wednesday, 5th August 2009 08:39 GMT By Patrick Garratt

indianajones

Once upon a time, there was a next gen Indy game Staff of Kings was scheduled for PS3 and 360. It never made it. Hit the link for a concept video of what it might have looked like.

Looks good, doesn’t it? Keep dreaming, ageing children of the world.

Thanks UnSeen64, Joystiq and Kotaku.

1. ShakaCarnage

I saw the game at E3 2005, but the demo fo San Fran which was ingame, rather than cut scene or QTE. It looked great, with deforming scenery and wood that broke apart at the point of impact dynamically, rather than in a pre-dettermined fashion. What a shame.

2. Patrick Garratt

I never saw it running. I honestly didn’t know it had been canned. I went to LucasArts last year and they were just coy about it.

3. Patrick Garratt

I got that a bit wrong. I’ve done an edit. As far as I’m aware, there is still a “next gen” Indy game in the works.

4. ShakaCarnage

In that case, bring it, Lucasarts!

5. Patrick Garratt

:D

6. Harry

I saw the Indi game running at E3 2006. But was it this one or a different one?

/is confused.

7. Blerk

Heh – Indy swings his arms like a girl when he runs. :-D

I thought all the hi-def Indy games in development had been quietly canned? Apart from Lego Indy.

8. Patrick Garratt

This is the 360/PS3 version of Staff of Kings. It only came out on Wii in the end.

There was another separate game. Here: http://www.vg247.com/2009/01/13/lucasarts-committed-to-new-indy-title/

9. Blerk

Yeah, I thought that had been canned as well. I didn’t even know there was supposed to be a hi-def version of Staff of Kings.

10. Patrick Garratt

Me either. This morning’s been a non-stop Indiana Jones learning experience for me.

11. Panipal2005

Fools. Fools. They don’t know what they’ve got there.

/remembers ROTLA lines a little too well

12. anasui

I played SOK and visually isn’t that bad. It’s the appalling controls that really make it a bad game

13. Hunam

I kind of want to play SOK, but even the PS2 version gets bad reviews, do they both have terrible controls?

14. NiceFellow

Amazing a company access to 2 huge, already established franchises (Star Wars & Indiana Jones) can manage to make such a mess of them from a videogame perspective.

And they’re both franchises that I’d argue lend themselves to multiple videogame adaptions.

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

That’s a shame, looks good! I don’t understand why any company WOULDN’T want to produce for next gen (or should I say current gen) platforms today.