Riccitiello confirms ongoing Medal of Honor work

Tuesday, 4th August 2009 23:20 GMT By Patrick Garratt

medalofhonorlogo

EA boss John Riccitiello has made first official mention of ongoing work on Medal of Honor, speaking tonight in the company’s Q1 earnings call.

“Somewhere out there is Medal of Honor,” said the exec.

“We’re not yet in a position to discuss specific plans, but we will do so in due course.”

As far as we’re aware, this is the first time the company has ever officially mentioned new Medal of Honor projects passed 2007′s Medal of Honor: Airborne and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

The series was rumoured last year to be heading to Afghanistan, and various job postings potentially related to the series have been spotted recently.

But there you go. Official.

1. doctorstrange

Doubt they’ll announce anything while MW2 is still prominent

2. Hunam

I bet they are still kicking themselves that not 7 years ago they lost the staff that became IW from 2015. It was down to addon’s too. If only they’d gave them more freedom EA would be charging us £55 for MoH:MW2

3. DaMan

I wish they would make a MOH game kinda 90s ones where you ‘re alone, behind the enemy lines and not in a squad like in CoD.

4. G1GAHURTZ

Airborne was pants.

5. reask

Funny that I was just thinking about MOH today.
    I was actually going to ask was the franchise finished.
    I really liked airborne and look forward to another instalment.

6. reask

Airborne was pants.

Much better than modern warfare imo.
    Single player that is.

7. G1GAHURTZ

I don’t think it sold very well. Maybe they should do something original, like give it a modern day theme, for examnple.

8. G1GAHURTZ

Serious?

You think so?

I tried the campaign, but didn’t get far, mostly because I just didn’t like the controls.

It’s actually on my ‘still gotta finish that’ list, but it’s way down the pecking order atm.

9. Robo_1

They’re surely working on what they hope will be a Modern Warfare killer.

10. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, knowing EA, I completely agree with that Robo_1

11. reask

@ Gig
    Yes It is a very good game imo.
    I played it on 360 and don’t recall any control issues.

12. G1GAHURTZ

Not saying there are issues…

Just saying that they didn’t agree with me personally.

Can’t quite remember why now. I think they just felt a bit ‘spongey’ and not as sharp as other FPS’s.

I might give it a quick blast tonight just to refresh my memory.