SCEA confirm worldwide Fat Princess release for Thursday

Monday, 27th July 2009 17:53 GMT By Johnny Cullen

fatprincessa2

Sony Computer Entertainment America has confirmed that Fat Princess will finally a get a release worldwide this Thursday. Managing Producer for SCEA, Deborah Mars, made the announcement on the US PS Blog.

“Without further ado, we’re proud to announce that Fat Princess will make her royal appearance on the PlayStation Network this Thursday, July 30th for $14.99,” said Mars.

“Fat Princess will be released simultaneously worldwide in N. America, Europe and Asia. A Japan release is also in the works, and we’ll have more information on that in weeks to come.”

There you have it. More info at the link, where there is even a video interview with Titan Studios’ Chris Millar and Craig Leigh.

1. theevilaires

I was excited until I read the price. Really $15 bucks? Come on man this is getting ridiculous now with all these damn $15 psn games. Devs are really trying their luck man. I could easy buy this game 1,000 times but fucking trying to ride off the backs of 1943 and how well that sold is not going to work for every game.

Hell I don’t even think 1943 was worth $15 and don’t even get me started on street fighter turbo HD remix. It was garbage and nobody even plays it anymore. They would have had me at $10 but fuck $15 its about principle and this greediness in the games industry is what will cause many game companies to go out of business.

2. Psychotext

Is there a demo for this?

3. theevilaires

its psn probably not, at $15 there should be. At least there was a demo for 1943. In any case fuck em I’ll wait until sony’s next year summer sale, it will probably drop to $10 then I’ll buy it.

All the sony fanboys will pay $15 for this shit and sony will keep doing this kind of highly anticipated game shit that has to be priced at $15. Really it feels like highway robbery to me. I’m offended, you’ve offended me sony, send me an email and apologize immediately.

4. Robo_1

I’l stretch as far as £9.99, otherwise I’ll be holding out for a price cut/promotion. Great that it’s finally getting a release though.

5. theevilaires

I don’t know why they do this stupid shit man. Just because a bunch of nerdy game journalist say its very interesting doesn’t mean everyone will be amazed with it. It really doesn’t look that much fun but I would have still bought it just because it was $10.

I just buy stuff to fill up my 500gb ps3 for christ sakes.
    And none of you assholes better not be thinking I’m cheap. Its not that its just the principle that’s all. Call people like Garratt cheap, he’ll probably get a code to download it free, lucky bastard. :P

6. Psychotext

Well, no buy for me without a demo. I’m not buying on hype alone… especially for a game that’s 99% multiplayer.

7. theevilaires

its just a fucking capture the flag game for $15 fuck you sony

8. seregrail7

FAO: theevilaires Stop winging. We get it, you don’t want to pay $15 for this game, no need to say it 4 times.

9. Phoenixblight

what the hell is winging?

10. theevilaires

I don’t want to pay $15. there that’s 5 time. I demand a free code like Garratt.

11. Scyrenn

SSF2THDR is not garbage…

Why would you say that?! :(

12. theevilaires

Winging is when I go into my ranting stage. I transform into a dragon troll demon from the pits of Hades (AKA N4G) and bitch, bitch, bitch!!!

13. redlander

theevilaireslol

14. theevilaires

@ 11 because I suck at it :P still should have been 9.99 remember when psn was just born and sony did things to bribe people to buy stuff from the PS Store.

1. they never charged tax
    2. they would debit your card for any amount purchased made even it was only 0.99
    3. PS1 games were all 5.99 (should have been 4.99 from the start)

Now its like going to get your car fixed at an auto shop.
    Sooner or later they might even start charging to connect with PSN. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

TIMES R-Ah CHANGING :P

15. Cort

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks shit?

16. theevilaires

nope, its shit. I’m just mad it cost $15 cause I would have bought this shit for $10 without hesitation.

17. Psychotext

“Am I the only one who thinks this game looks shit?”

I really like the look of it.

18. theevilaires

the look is cool, its just that the cluster fuck gameplay can turn off some people.

HAD TO MAKE EDITS LOL

19. Seraphemz

Its a ‘tower defense ‘ game right?

20. Syrok

Nope, more like Capture-the-flag as far as I understand it.

21. El_MUERkO

i hope there’s a demo, it looks a lot of fun but i want to get my hands on it first

22. Blerk

I really like the graphical style and the humour, but don’t much fancy the game itself.