Gordon Brown confesses he is a gamer

Monday, 27th July 2009 17:32 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gordonbrown2

Cant say we see this every day.

UK Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, has confessed that he is, in fact, a gamer. Speaking in an interview with The Mirror newspaper, the PM answered a question on how he’d be spending time with his children playing video games during the summer recess in Parliament with his family.

“He plans to do more “re-winning” of [his childrens'] interest as he watches the boys’ favourite TV shows and plays computer games over the next few weeks at the couple’s home in Scotland and on their holiday,” according to an extract from the paper.

Be sure to send us a friend request, Gordon.

More at MCV.

1. Harry

I may as well say I play with dollies, because I play with my two year old daughter. :)

Joining in with whatever your kids are doing is very different from doing the same thing as a hobby.

2. dirigiblebill

Cant you employ a subeditor?

/badumtish

3. The_Deleted

Maybe her should play Civ IV and get some ideas for running a fucking country.

4. Cort

Of course, it’s complete bollocks. It’s like when he said he listens to the Arctic Monkeys: it’s just PR spin to make him look more like “one of the people”.

Interesting fact for you: remember when Blair moved in to No10 back in 1997 and someone was pictured carrying in a couple of guitar cases? I have it on a VERY reliable authority that they were borrowed and that they were empty.

5. The_Deleted

I think Blair was a bit of a muso in his Uni days to be fair.

6. Cort

Twenty years before he entered Downing Street. He was filmed playing (sic) along with a school band seven or eight years ago and clearly couldn’t remember a single chord. The man hadn’t gone near a guitar since he’d left school but his PR men wanted us to think he was like a rock star.

The point is these days the image of the likes of Brown being just like you and me, or cool, or radical, is contrived by advisers in shiny suits. They probably got the Arctic Monkeys from a focus group.