BioWare working on a secret technology feature for Mass Effect 2

Monday, 27th July 2009 17:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

masseffecta5

A mysterious tweet from BioWare developer, Christina Norman, has seriously hinted at a big tech feature thats upcoming for Mass Effect 2.

“Working on the new “technology” feature for #masseffect2. It’s secret, and awesome! Don’t tell anyone.”

Whatever it is, it can stay secret for too long… right?

Game’s out in 2010 for Xbox 360 and PC.

1. revolting

Threesomes.

Or maybe a gag for Joker.

2. Phoenixblight

A Feature not something in the plot….

3. theevilaires

yea its called cell B.E. hyper porting. the tech mimics the xbox360′s cpu and converts the coding so its playable on the PS3. there I figured it out, happy now internet :P

4. Phoenixblight

Whatever your smoking you need to cut back on

5. theevilaires

Oh look a butt hurt xbot who can’t take a bit of sarcasm. Afraid sony’s going to take away one of your precious exclusives. there there dry your eyes, don’t Red Ring on us here.

6. Hunam

I’m pretty sure at the end of the day, he’ll be happy playing Mass Effect 2 and you’ll be… urm… what do PS3′s do these days?

:P

7. Phoenixblight

@5 I own all three systems. I also know Microsoft owns the publishing rights of the first Mass Effect so if EA wants to put ME2 and 3 on a Ps3 leaving the first part out of the series is their business and very unlikely…

8. theevilaires

@ 6 its not what they do its what the don’t do and I’ll give you a hint, the don’t R_ _ D :P lets play hangman shall we.

@ 7 Yea and M$ also owned the publishing rights to Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2. But yet a game called Ninja Gaiden Sigma that is the same but much more of a superior product showed up on PS3 and the sequel will release this fall (another good title to buy this holiday season on DAY1)

You Xbots crack me up :P

9. Phoenixblight

@ 8 not a damn Xbot as I stated earlier I own three systems and the system that has the most games is the most recent one which is Ps3. Now while EA and Bioware could do a Mass Effect with the spin off of the first so the Ps3 fan base can enjoy a great game like Mass Effect series. I don’t find it happening until the entire series is done where they can just shift the series to a smaller developement studio so they can port the series so you can enjoy it.

I have never seen Bioware do a step back with any of their franchise have you?

E3 has passed so you have another year to look forward to for the possibilty of playing ME on Ps3. Me personally I would just get the game on PC and call it day from what I heard PC version is better than the console.

10. theevilaires

That smiley face after my sentences mean i’m joking Phoenix, get a grip man. If I wanted to play ME so badly I would buy the game for my pc, connect it to one of my 1080p tvs or monitor and install my DS3 on my pc to play it.

11. Scyrenn