Halo Chronicles project “no longer happening”, says Jackson

By Stephany Nunneley, Saturday, 25 July 2009 20:54 GMT

peterjackson

Peter Jackson has said that his Halo Chronicles project is no longer gonna happen.

You could even say it’s as dead as Miranda Keyes, from the way Jackson talked – at least on his end.

“That Halo project is no longer happening, it sort of collapsed when the movie didn’t end up happening,” he said. “Microsoft has a whole strategy with the Halo property, and when the rights expired with the two studios, that sort of ended my involvement with the project.

“That fell apart because of internal politics at Fox and Universal. It had nothing to do with the budget or anything else. In fact, we hadn’t even been greenlit at all at that point.”

Confirmation came by way of Joystiq, which ran into Jackson at the premiere of District 9.

More through the link.

Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.

Comments

Headlines

Halo Chronicles

  • MS: Jackson Halo project "on hold"

    Remember Peter Jackson saying Halo Chronicles had been cancelled? When he said the project “fell apart,” “is no longer happening,” has “collapsed,” and that his “involvement with the project” has “ended”? Microsoft has released a statement on the matter, using less final wording. From Joystiq: “Microsoft Game Studios is deeply committed to supporting and strategically […]

  • Rumour: Payton working on Jackson Halo game

    Both Kotaku and Shacknews are rumouring that MGS4 producer Ryan Payton has been signed as creative director on Halo Chronicles, the Peter Jackson-developed Halo title. Payton recently left Kojima Productions to return to the US, citing family issues. Hit the links for more.

Peter Jackson