Halo: Reach and ODST are the last in the series from Bungie

Friday, 24th July 2009 19:55 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

haloreach

Bungie senior designer Lars Bakken has said that Halo Reach will probably be the last Halo game made for Xbox 360.

According to the talk he had with CVG, Microsoft may have other ideas.

“In terms of a platform for Halo games made by Bungie, yes. I can’t answer that question for Microsoft though,” he said.

“Whether they have something in the works or not, I don’t know if they’re actually ready to talk about it yet, but in terms of Bungie-produced Halo games, ODST and then Reach is probably all you’re going to get.”

More through the linky.

1. Phoenixblight

What no Halo for Microsoft? thats like saying no Ratchet and Clank for Sony…

Edit: Oh wait Microsoft will just produce their own version of Halo after that, thats a bit veird

2. Hunam

It’s all gone Halo this week.

Halo, halo halo halo, halo halo halo halo halo.

3. Phoenixblight

Halo,halo,halo

just wanted to feel involved =-P

4. No_PUDding

what can Bungie do outside of Halo? They create very competent games, but I think without a publisher like M$ behind them, they won’t make much headway. Unless Activision nab them.

5. Aimless

Marathon, Myth and Oni were all well received. Bungie were making great games well before Microsoft bought them, and I’d be very surprised if they don’t have any publisher interest for their next game if not purely for the chance it will “do a Halo“.

6. Scyrenn

A new Myth game would be nice, actually…

7. Hunam

ONI!

8. fearmonkey

I want to see something new and fresh from Bungie, no reboots, unless it Myth of course!! :)

9. Michael O'Connor

“A new Myth game would be nice, actually…”

“ONI!”

Sadly, neither of those licenses belong to Bungie anymore. If I understand it, they’re the property of Take Two Interactive nowadays.

Personally, I’d rather they create something new and inventive, rather then retread long dead franchises.

“They create very competent games, but I think without a publisher like M$ behind them, they won’t make much headway.”

Bungie was developing Halo long before Microsoft came in and nabbed the company, grabbing the franchise in the process. Bungie deserve the credit for all that work, in my opinion.

10. No_PUDding

I would have hoped ‘M$’ would have communicated some sarcasm.

Nevermind.

11. Hunam

Oni is Take2 now?

Fuck, I hate Take2.

12. frostquake

Microsoft will always put out Halo…Bungie or NO Bungie!

13. Michael O'Connor

“I would have hoped ‘M$’ would have communicated some sarcasm.”

There was absolutely nothing in your remark that indicated any sort of sarcasm. It sounded like a completely straight faced opinion on the subject at hand.

14. No_PUDding

Does it sound real to you? I even mention Activision, the crusher of creative vision since 2007.

And I never type M$. All I can tell you is it WAS sarcasm.

15. Psychotext

/kicks pud in the nuts

16. Near

Bungie quiting on Halo-> Death of Halo.

17. SticKboy