Upcoming Xbox 360 dashboard update detailed to death

Friday, 17th July 2009 10:40 GMT By Patrick Garratt

nxe16

Engadget’s posted a huge amount of information on the upcoming Xbox 360 dashboard summer update, as seen here.

The download will include updates to account management, video display options, user ratings and tons more.

There’s too much to post here. Hit the link. The first official shots of the update – premium Avatar clothing included – were released overnight.

1. Patrick Garratt

Cool. I won’t bother buying Mass Effect on a disc now.

2. Blerk

Not a particularly exciting list, but some reasonable improvements. I hope they improved the caching while they were at it.

3. SunKing

The user ratings system is a pretty big deal, imo. Communi- I mean, “Indie Games” has been needing that for a while now.

4. Spiral

It will be interesting to see whether direct downloads will work out cheaper than retail. I’m guessing they won’t be, and the whole thing will fall flat.

5. Psychotext

Yeah, I’m going to be throwing up a ton of reviews on the community game stuff. :)

Hopefully it’ll encourage people to try more as there’s really some great little titles on there.

6. Psychotext

Yup… which is also why it’ll probably work. ;)

“Can’t let subscription lapse, epeen will be diminished!”

7. reask

Is that the original dark zero.
    Also will there be achievements with it?

8. reask

Sweet update BTW.
    MS are really pushing the boat out.
    So glad I opted for the 360.

9. Redh3lix

Avatar customisation and clothing rewards through games… sounds familiar. :P

10. Enkeixpress

“Video Display Options

We’ve made it easier for you to see your entertainment in the highest resolution possible on your TV using an HDMI connection.

* Display Discovery – Make sure you can see and hear your entertainment in the highest resolution and sound quality possible with the option to override and select audio and video formats independent of the information your television sends to your Xbox 360 console.

I’m particularly interesting in that part of the details description.

I wonder what customisations options we’ll have..?

I’m excited already :)

Having said that, I’m kinda disappointed that they didn’t mention the Performance Improvements they were adding aswell.. :(

11. fearmonkey

The update has some interesting features, I’m looking forward to it. I’m really looking forward to last.fm, facebook and twitter not as much.