Fri, Jul 17, 2009 | 20:36 BST
The Path gets a Patch on Steam
Tale of Tales has released a patch for its indie horror game The Path.
If you play it on Steam, it should auto patch for you.
Here’s the list of specific changes:
- Fixed dependency error in library that caused game to crash on startup
- All HLSL shaders are compiled and saved in the game
- Reduced required video RAM by reloading Render Texture targets between acts
- Fixed Raven visibility error
- Piano object is now available in the Forest if the Theater is not active
- New Game now resets Locators
- Load Game resets resolution saved with game
- First run of game starts with resolution selection box (press SPACE bar on startup to access it later)
- Game prefers video refresh rates of 60Hz
- Additional options for setting resolution
- Crash with gray box on startup fixed
- Positions of objects with contexts are now consistent
- Additional quality options for shadows, post-processing and textures
- Run speed is now consistent
Currently, the game will run you $9.99, but there is also a demo so you can try it out first.