PS3 Fallout 3 DLC delayed, reordered

Tuesday, 14th July 2009 00:15 GMT By Nathan Grayson

fallout32

PS3 owners got a VATS readout of 95% on a June launch for their long-awaited Fallout 3 DLC, but somehow, it still missed. Now, Bethesda’s finally pinned down something of a solid release date for the tardy content, though with a bit of a twist.

Instead of rolling out the mini-expansions in proper order, Broken Steel (which raises the game’s level cap from 20 to 30) will come out first, followed by Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt “probably at the same time.”

Bethesda’s “hoping” to finally silence fans’ cries “at the end of September.” In other words, plans are still subject to change. Here’s hoping they don’t.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Hunam

Broken Steel first is the best choice really. On the 360/PC the DLC hit before a lot of folks had got to lvl 20 so it was still something for them to do, but with them taking so long to hit the PS3 I’d bet that anyone who is going to buy the DLC is lvl 20, so upping the cap first is by far the most sensible route to assure that people want something else to do between 20-30

2. Nathan Grayson

Agreed. Always perplexed me as to why Bethesda didn’t aim to do that in the first place.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Happy to hear they’re concerned about quality testing before releasing this time…

However, I have to now wonder what the incentive will be for original Fallout3 owners (me) to not simply trade in their original copy for GOTY edition for half the price, if not more, and potentially save money with the DLC being delayed till Fall. That is unless GOTY delay is next announcement…

4. Michael O'Connor

“However, I have to now wonder what the incentive will be for original Fallout3 owners (me) to not simply trade in their original copy for GOTY edition for half the price, if not more, and potentially save money with the DLC being delayed till Fall.”

The incentive will be “Should I get off the couch or not to buy this content?” You’d be surprise how discouraging an incentive that can be for many gamers.

5. Blerk

There really doesn’t seem to be much point buying these separately now. May as well wait for the bundle.

Unless that gets delayed too. :-D

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Damn, everytime I see these pictures I’m reminded of how much I want to play these DLC packs… (my 360 broke twice on me, now strictly sailing the sony waters)