Peter Moore responds to pissed off UFC president

Tuesday, 14th July 2009 14:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ufc1

Peter Moore has responded, sort-of, to Dana White’s angry ramblings regarding EA’s mixed martial arts game MMA and EA turning down a game based on the UFC in the past.

“I know there has been some recent discussion about EA SPORTS bringing a challenger to this sport. I love mixed martial arts, and we’ve been working on a game concept since I came to (sic) two years ago,” he wrote on his blog. “I have great respect for the organizations and individuals that have invested in the sport’s growth over the past decade – so this is one that is near and dear to me and I’m excited to see such good progress to date.

“I trace my MMA video game roots back to my support of Crave’s UFC title on the Dreamcast in 2000, and have been a fan ever since. Our title will bring both innovation and further authenticity to mixed martial arts, not to mention a strong global publishing network that will help spread the sport’s popularity around the world.”

Nice way to put it without being a jerk about it.

Dana White stated yesterday that the UFC is now “at war” with EA’s MMA and will blacklist any fighters should they sign with EA.

This isn’t the first time UFC fighters have been “threatened” with a spanking should they not do as they are told.

Via Kotaku.

1. Psychotext

Top notch guy as always. Sadly I get the feeling he’ll have trouble getting over the issues caused by his predecessor.

2. Hunam

UFC are a bunch of cunts tbh. The have fired/threatened to fire people over the videogame deal with THQ in the past. I wouldn’t deal with a company like them either if I was EA.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Dana White sounds like a thuggier version of Vince McMahon to me lol.

4. Psychotext

Just a shame that the name makes him sound like a transvestite stage performer.

5. El_MUERkO

Dana White can be a twat at times, I understand his drive to make UFC a success and I understand (to an extent) his dislike of EA but he could calm down a little when it comes to his fighters.

6. Spiral

Dana is a very odd fish. I know a fair few people who like him for his “no nonsense” attitude, but to me he always comes across as a bit of a petulant bully. Sometimes he backs down, sometimes he doesn’t. I’m never entirely sure he didn’t just graduate from the Michael O’Leary school of PR.

7. mightyhokie

Spiral,
    I like Dana White, but sometimes he def doesn’t do the UFC or MMA justice. Like Bas Rutten has stated (and I agree), if Dana wants the UFC (and thus MMA in general since they are the big boys) to become a legit sport, he needs to stop attacking people and saying ‘fuck’ every 15 seconds. After all, when was the last time you saw Pete Rosell, Paul Tagliabeu, or even Don King drop the F-bomb? It is hard to get MMA to become mainstream when the boss of the #1 company for MMA in the world makes it kid unfriendly?
    Still, I like Dana. He is very passionate about his product and the sport in general and sometimes I think that passion shows itself poorly.

Oh, and BTW, I doubt very seriously that if Fedor signed with EA that he would black list him if he agreed to go into the UFC in the future (hopefully to face Brock Lesnar).