BioShock 2 delayed because of “emphasis on quality”

Monday, 13th July 2009 22:29 GMT By Nathan Grayson

bioshock21

During today’s Take-Two conference call discussing the delay of BioShock 2, Take-Two’s Ben Feder and Strauss Zelnick said the move was taken due to Take-Two’s “emphasis on quality.”

“We’re paying the price for that emphasis with today’s delay,” they added.

Even so, Take-Two ensured that it continues to focus on quality, in spite of a potential loss of money.

“There’s no shortage of incentive for everyone who’s part of Take-Two to deliver quality, timely results.”

So there you have it.

1. No_PUDding

Even so, however?

/backseat journalist

/negative day

2. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Game looks to me like more of an expansion than a sequel. Bioshock 1.5.

Loved Bioshock as it was something totally fresh, can’t say I’m that interested in this one.

3. lelik

it sounds to me like that female big daddy thing is virtually unkillable, and thats such a cheap scare tactic. i fucking hate not knowing when something invincible is about to pop out at me.

4. London escorts

Very excellent fcreations. Keep rocking.London Escorts

5. hitnrun

I’ll probably end up playing this at some point, but probably not new and probably not in early 2010.

The fun of Bioshock was in its novelty, philosophical challenge, and (very final) story arc. This new game doesn’t look like it’s engaging or repeating any of the “things” that made Bioshock fun, just the places and faces.

6. Michael O'Connor

“So a shit sequel, will come late. Who cares. If they were sensible, they have canned it.”

Impressive that you know the quality of the game before its even been released, I must say. You privy to some super secret review copy the rest of the world hasn’t had a chance to touch or something?

7. onyxbox

I must admit that the vibe I’m getting from the sequel is more “good enough” than “the best we can do” :-/ ah well let’s hope this delay changes that to be the latter.