Here’s what they’re putting their name to. Translation supplied to VG247 by EG.de:
The German Bundestag should decide against the decision of the interior minister conference from the 5th of June, that aims for a [banning] of action computer games.
As an adult citizen and a person eligible to vote, I beg your firmly…
– to erase the irritating and discriminating term of “killerspiele” [killer game] from political discussion.
– to strengthen the trust of the public in existing national youth protection mechanics.
– to improve and warrant the execution of existing laws, that ensure kids and the youth only get access to videogames and computer games rating according the USK.
– to support parents and educationally responsible persons in the advancement of media competence.
– to promote the computer games and videogames industry in Germany and especially the training of these promising professions.
A ban on the production and distribution of “killer games” in Germany is looking very real, with the country’s 16 Interior Ministers now asking the Bundestag to put the move into effect before elections on September 27.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.