1. DrDamn

Does it still control a bit bobbins? Lots of nice Mario game type gameplay but shite to control. Not allowed to even think that about a Mario game though are you?

2. No_PUDding

It’s obvious it’s been res-sed up. It looks ugly for a current gen game.

3. anasui

looks fucking great. I think you guys should lose some prejudice

4. David

definitely makes me wish Nintendo’s console was in HD

5. Michael O'Connor

Other than the slightly iffy looking flower patches, it looks bloody brilliant. Even at low resolution, its a great looking title.

Wish there was a way to make the machine output at a higher definition anyway.

6. No_PUDding

I completely disagree, I think it looks WAY better in the lower res.

At high res, it looks liek shit, becuase of the skyboxes and texture quality, etc.

Keep it low res, or create a game and console that IS HD.

7. Hunam

I think it looks rather spiffy tbh.

8. Blerk

If we do get a ‘Wii HD’ then I’m pretty sure that’ll be exactly what it is – same old Wii with the same old Wii games, just able to output those games upscaled into 720p. I don’t think they’ll bust their user base by allowing people to make proper hi-def games.

9. DrDamn

That’s not upscaled, that’s rendered at 720p – which is proper hi-def. Anyone using their Wii on a HDTV is already playing upscaled to 720p or 1080p.

10. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I don’t own Wii, but to my understanding it’s output is 480p max, yes? Those pics look nice if they’re true 720p. My question is, how can you run a game in true 720p that was designed for 480p max? I’m only asking cause I don’t know and I’m curious.

11. DrDamn

@Dr.Ghettoblaster
    This is an emulator on presumably a PC. As the emulator can control the full process they can adjust the rendering to output at 720p instead of 480p. These sort of things are normally configurable in a game engine – whether they would be used or not. For example the engine also needs to be able to cope with lower resolutions than 480p for TV’s which don’t support it.

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ok thanks man. Looks like big N may have shot themsevles in the foot….again.

13. anasui

how? they’re selling a lot of non-hd consoles, embarassingly more than your beloved PS3, and they’re keeping their HD option as an ace up their sleeve. From a businness standpoint, it’s flawless

shoot themselvces in the foot? LOL, seriously man