All L4D user-content will work with L4D2

Monday, 6th July 2009 09:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

left4dead231

Valve’s Chet Faliszek has told Kikizo that all L4D mods will work with L4D2. Just in case you needed any more Left 4 Dead news.

“For modders, everything they make in Left 4 Dead will work in Left 4 Dead 2,” said Chet.

“It’ll work better if they bring it into Left 4 Dead 2 and recompile it for Left 4 Dead 2, using some of the additions we’ve made, but it’ll work out of the box as well. We just want to make sure that anyone who’s making a mod now knows that their time’s going to be well spent.”

What a bastard. Quick, sign a petition.

1. Patrick Garratt

I’m surprised no one’s tried to kill him yet.

2. _S_E_R_G_

all l4d2 content will work(mods) in L4D. so no reason buy l4d2.

3. Blerk

He didn’t say that at all, man.

4. asphaltcowboy

Confirmation that they’re porting the L4D maps to L4D2 then? ;)

5. absolutezero

If you can use the same editor to make maps for both games they can’t be all that different, its not like you can use mod tools for Oblivion to make Morrowind mods.

6. _S_E_R_G_

>> Confirmation that they’re porting the L4D maps to L4D2 then?

Do you really think that it will hard for modders to port l4d2 maps on l4d1?

7. El_MUERkO

positive guy says: Wow, full backward computability!

negative guy says: That’s cause they’ve changed fuck all, this should have been an expansion!

8. David

“Do you really think that it will hard for modders to port l4d2 maps on l4d1?”

9. asphaltcowboy

>> Do you really think that it will hard for modders to port l4d2 maps on l4d1?

I’m talking about on 360.

>> Why would you want too ? L4D2 gameplay changes make it the better game. I really don’t see the point in holding on to L4D. I’ll be upgrading as soon as its out.

I’m thinking Rock Band 1 to Rock Band 2-style. Not completely dividing your consumer base would probably be a good thing. Plus not having to change discs would be great if you fancied a bit of No Mercy or whatever.

10. frostquake

I can’t play L4D on any of my 13 outdated PC’s nor my 2 outdated Laptops…I only Console Now…The Economy Took my Portfolio and ate all my PC Upgrading Money…I am now just Rich, Not Super Rich anymore…So no more $500.00 Graphics cards to play just one game..SIGH…those were the days…

11. David

Doubt it, L4D2 will just be better I really don’t understand why people would want to keep playing L4D. If l4d2 has L4D maps then I see no point in keeping L4D.

12. dirigiblebill

I wouldn’t be surprised if Valve offered a discount on L4D2 to owners of L4D. If memory serves, they snipped 10% off the price of the Orange Box on PC to owners of Team Fortress 2.

13. warlock7

Of course they’re going to be compatible. L4D2 is just a large add-on of it’s own anyhow. Valve is going to milk this series like Activision milks Guitar Hero.

Well said El Muerko