Miyamoto: New Wii Zelda won’t be “radically different”

Thursday, 2nd July 2009 07:16 GMT By Patrick Garratt

zeldaa2

Can we look forward to a brave new direction for the next Wii Zelda? In a word: no.

“I don’t think it’s going to be that radically different,” Shigeru Miyamoto said in the latest issue of Nintendo Power.

The game was semi-announced at E3, and is expected to be revealed in earnest next year.

Thanks, Aeropause.

1. JesteR

It doesnt need to be. The last Zelda was amazing.

2. Gekidami

Translation: “We’ll be reusing EVERYTHING from Twilight Princess.”

3. Blerk

God damn it, Shigsy! Shake the damn thing up! I’m not playing the same damn game with the same damn story and the same damn dungeons and the same damn irritations again!

/checks ‘damn’ pile
    /is empty

4. Mafro

It definitely needs an overhaul after using essentially the same formula for the past ten years or so.

5. anasui

Zelda definitely needs to change. TP was all they could have done, now its time for something else

6. Michael O'Connor

“God damn it, Shigsy! Shake the damn thing up!”

Remember what happened the last time they “shoke it up” with Wind Waker? All the fanboys bitched and moaned because of the change in visual design, said it wasn’t a true Zelda cause of it.

This is what happens because of idiots like that.

Personally, I don’t think Zelda’s gameplay formula needs to change at all. I wouldn’t mind another unique visual take on the franchise though.

7. Blerk

I really liked Wind Waker. :-(

8. Michael O'Connor

So did I. Pity all the graphic whores who think anything “cute” is automatically evil didn’t agree with that sentiment when the game was originally released.