Battlefield 1943 gets launch trailer, has bombs, is awesome

Thursday, 2nd July 2009 14:49 GMT By Patrick Garratt

bf19432

EA’s put out a launch trailer for Battlefield 1943, having now announced the game for release next week.

Is shows the game’s Guadalcanal island, and has to be the best argument for digital distribution we’ve ever seen. It looks fantastic.

If you like shooting and bombing things, this has to be a no-brainer: Battlefield 1943 is yours for £10/1200MSP.

Watch away.

1. reask

Looks good.
    Is it a fps or a mix of everything?
    What I mean is would it be similar to say cod2?
    Also how long is the sp campaign?

2. Peetry

Looks brilliant, classic tune bring tears of joy to my eyes.

This and Wipeout Fury are my summer games

Also reask, there is no SP.

3. reask

Oh on-line only so.
    Pity really.
    I wish I was younger and able to get into on-line but I just don’t like it.
    I am not a bad gamer really but I just get killed on-line all the time.

4. anasui

please let snipers be good. One of the reasons I hate the COD games is snipers are completely bollicksed in these games, while in the BF games- exp the awesome bf2- playing them is a bloody treat

and please BF3 please thx

5. Peetry

If you want to get good at online, sepecifically for a singLe game then try and get started as soon as it releases. If you start months/years after release you’ll just get pwned by the ‘pros’

6. reask

@ peetry.
    Tell me about it.
    Mind you I got into COD 4 soon after release and I didnt fare much better.
    I suppose I like playing a game at my own pace really.
    That is what happens when you get old. :)

7. Blerk

I still can’t quite believe that this is a) downloadable and b) dirt cheap. I think they may well have had a stroke of true genius.

8. Hunam

I think people may get bored of the limited amount of maps and be done with this rather quickly though.

9. Blerk

And that’s where “paid for map DLC” comes in, surely?

10. Prof Power Glove

This could be GENIUS.

Let’s hope they get the net code right or it’s screwed though. Yes, it’s an obvious thing but hard to get right.

11. elronathon

@Hunam I think a hell of a lot people won’t too :) I almost exclusively played 2 maps on BF2 – one being Wake Island. I was playing that game for near on 2 years and never got bored of it…I know the same can be said of a lot of other people too!

12. Hunam

I’d love there to be a few map packs, but the other hurdle is the classes, I assume there is no tweaking them either. I am wanting this game far too much like everyone else… I just wanted a full sequel to 1942 is all.

13. Blerk

There’s no problem, Jonarob. It sounds pretty much perfect for a game such as this. “Always there” because there’s no disc, cheap to get into, add in more content later if you love it. They’ll clean up, surely?

14. Hunam

I just hope they do expand on it.

And stop calling me Shirley.

15. endgame

ppl play the sh1t out of l4d and that has only 4 chapters/maps/whatever.. it’s not about the amount of content, it’s about the quality of the gameplay and the ppl u play with. doh.

16. SwiftRanger

This is sort of a test case for BF3, with this, both Bad Company games DICE got three Frostbite powered titles to test things with. BF3 won’t have any excuses of ‘new engine is the cause of everything’ like with BF2.

17. dazzadavie

Wicked! All Battlefield games are top class including there “gap fillers”

18. anasui

four maps only means shit, if they’re big, well constructed and with a variety of hot spots and camping places. I played one map only in RTCW for six years

19. endgame