Mike Tyson talks Fight Night Round 4, loves God of War

Wednesday, 1st July 2009 23:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fightnightround4

Mike Tyson has said that he’s amazed how the graphics have changed in games since his first appearance on a console.

“It’s incredible,” he said. “It’s like the animation is actually like real fighters in there. The movement and the lucidness of the fighters moving their heads is like two real individuals and they’re actually fighting one another.”

He also loves the God of War franchise and Ninja Gaiden, according to a chat the former Heavy Weight Champion had with IGN.

While Tyson appears to be a man of few words, you can read the rest of the interview here, where he mentions on more than one occasion how grateful he feels.

1. No_PUDding

Kamiya will be furious!!!!

2. Anders

I read this in my RSS-feed:

> Mike Tyson talks Fight Night Round 4, loves God

Good for him, I thought.

3. ecu

“Mike Tyson talks Fight Night Round 4″ is stretching it a bit, isn’t it? He didn’t seem to know much about anything.

4. TheTwelve

Stephany, you were very polite in your description of this interview. Good job. Check this part out:

“IGN: What do you think of the realism in terms of what it’s actually like inside a real ring?

Mike Tyson: Oh, I don’t know.”

HAHAAHAHHA

5. Esha

@12: I believe he was implying that he doesn’t know how to compare the two (the feeling of being in the ring and a console game), and to my mind that’s how it reads.

In which case, that makes you look like a bit of a twat for laughing at him over something you failed to comprehend, doesn’t it?

So… how does it feel to be the kind of person who finds Tyson hard to understand?

6. TheTwelve

Only thing I don’t understand is how you got from point A to point B in your jacked up logic. You’d make a great cult-leader/guru.

That interview was absolutely hilarious in it’s vacuum of information and sense.

It’s this same lack of sense that allowed his daughter to die as she did, if you’ve bothered to read the news.

7. imbrett

This game is so sick. Just got it a week ago and it’s all i’ve been doing with my time. I mean, having Mike Tyson in the game was enough for me to like it already, but they’ve improved a bunch of shit form the last one – the corporate ads aren’t as omnipresent and annoying, the game play has less of a pre-determined feel to it, and they actually have some cool music (rad remixes of Tokyo Police Club’s “The Baskerillve’s” and El-P’s “Flyentology” amongst others).

It still kinda sucks to play online because most of the gamers are just random button mashers who over-punch instead of trying to fight realistically, but if you play with friends that actually know about boxing than this game is fun as hell…you can easily emulate Ali’s rope-a-dope or Tyson’s peek-a-boo styles.

Anyway thought I’d share a gameplay video of Mike Tyson vs. Winky Wright that I found : http://displacedbrett.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/fight-night-round-4/

8. Retroid

It’s sick?

Perhaps it needs some Tamiflu.