Dino Crisis is 10 today

Wednesday, 1st July 2009 09:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dinocrisis

Unbelievably, Dino Crisis is ten years old today. Capcom’s lizard horror released in Japan on July 1 1999, and was followed by two sequels and a light-gun spin-off called Dino Stalker.

Feel old now, don’t you? Here’s the Wiki page and there’s a run down of the franchises history on 9Lives.

1. Blerk

I bought it just after it was released and never actually played it. I’ve still got it sitting in my games drawer. I’m not sure it’s ever been out of the box, even. :-D

2. Ghost_Dog

This is one series that needs a current gen update.

3. absolutezero

Not after Dino Crisis 3 it doesn’t.

Dino Crisis was great in some parts but it was horrifically puzzle based, with lots of passwords being written in notes, only you can’t pick up any of the notes so you best have a fantastic memory or a piece of paper.

DC2 was fucking awesome.

4. DaMan

man, I love the first one. I wish they would make games like RE 1-3 and DC again. DC2 was okay, but it was practically pure action.

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

No update needed…..Dinosaurs are so last gen……lol

6. The_Deleted

Ghost_Dog said:
    This is one series that needs a current gen update.

Hell yeah. As much as I hate the idea of remakes, I’d be more than happy to fork out for DC 1&2 on my PS3.

Not Dino Crisis 3, though. Never Dino Crisis 3.

7. freedoms_stain

I only ever had the 1st one, massively enjoyed it, I don’t see it with my small remaining collection of PS1 games so I can only assume it went to my sister when I gave her my ps1 and is thus probably in splinters.

Would I like to see an update? Why not, but I think a series reboot would be in order.

8. absolutezero

A series re-boot in the style of Siren yes. In the style of Silent Hill no.

That was the thing with 2, the dinos actually moved and acted like Dinos, speedy and jumpy so the games pace has to increase so you could have a chance to kill them.

9. wz

Reminds me of

9/9/9 DC2 I BELIEVE

10. ecu

DC was a very good game, but DC2 was waaaay better. Weird how a game can change so much. DC1 was very much Resident Evil with dinosaurs, it was real survival horror. DC2 is effectively pulling a RE4, only it was even more of a change.

Then DC3 was so bad it entirely killed off the series. Such a shame..