Michael Jackson’s dead – here are his videogame appearances!

Friday, 26th June 2009 07:22 GMT By Patrick Garratt

michaeljackson1

Michael Jackson died in LA last night, spawning one of the greatest Twitter-mong moments ever, as 10 million people all said, “Is Michael Jackson dead?” within three minutes of each other in one place on the internet. Good times.

Poor old Michael. The most important aspect of his death, though, is obviously how the music genius and sensational odd-ball affected videogames. Luckily, the Americans already have you covered.

IGN’s totted up Jackson’s game appearances in this piece, while 1UP’s has taken a “look back” at his “influence” on games as a whole.

MTV and GameDaily both have “retrospectives”. And very awesome they are, too.

You just know all the specialist car sites this morning are going, “Fuck. What about a list of the best Michael Jackson driving tracks?” All the specialist cooking sites will have their Michael Jackson recipe compendiums up by lunchtime.

Mr Jackson, we’re sorry you’re dead. Your music was amazing. We salute you.

1. shox r4

Condolences!I LOVE YOU Michael!

2. Mike

Truly gutted.

RIP Mike.

3. Michael O'Connor

A sad day for music, and the world.

I was really looking forward to his comeback tour.

Rest in Peace, Michael.

4. Blerk

Not really a fan, but death sucks regardless.

/salutes

5. deftangel

“You just know all the specialist car sites this morning are going, “Fuck. What about a list of the best Michael Jackson driving tracks?”

Heh…never change :D

6. No_PUDding

Not a fan either, but the dude was clearly the highest you can get, and a very unique individual.

This would be a superb publicity stunt.

7. chickenbutt

RIP King of Pop

8. Blerk

I’ve just discovered that I somehow have a copy of Thriller. I don’t remember buying that!

9. JonFE

I am certainly not a fan of his music, but cannot deny that he was a genius and a huge influence, despite the eccentricities and the accusations.

Rest in Peace, Wacko Jacko.

Blerk, could the missus have bought it behind your back?

10. Blerk

That’s a good point, actually – it might not be mine at all. :-D

11. BillyBatts

Put a lot of hours into Moonwalker on the Megadrive. Thinking back it was probably a bit shit, but it was MJ, innit.

He was a prize weirdo, but you probably would be too if you had no childhood and your dad smacked you around. Artists like the Beatles and the Stones never meant *that* much to me, not my generation. But musically, MJ is/was up there with them as the most influential artists in history.

In the 80′s that is. All went a bit West after ‘Bad’.

12. Psychotext

I remember playing it… but I can’t remember playing it, if that makes sense.

13. Yoshi

RIP Michael Jackson
    He will always be the king of pop
    I just hope all these horrible rumours will now come to a rest :(

14. Blerk

I remember the arcade version of Moonwalker. A true ‘wtf?!’ moment if there ever was one.

15. mart

Yeah I just played it, it’s pretty weird.

16. No_PUDding

Damn, he looks so much more normal when he was a kid… Obviously.

Poor guy, wonder if it was racism abck then, or if it is still like that. Or if it’s racism at all, that drove him to it.

Not like people being offensive, but, you know what I mean.

Anyway, It sucks he didn’t just age normally, he looks (or looked) like an abomination. :/

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Nothing but respect. But have you heard the latest rumor..?

They’re going to melt Michael Jackson’s ashes and put them into toys so the kids can play with him for a change..

;)

18. crackdude

Such a sad death. All deaths are sad, but Michael Jackson was a living legend…

19. Michael O'Connor

You’re a disgusting example of a human being, Ghetto.

20. robseo

King of pop michael jackson you will always be loved and we wont stop listen to your music never forgett you one and only! http://Www.googlemoneyprofit.com salut the legent pop and rok star.

21. theevilaires

only 20 responses?!!! WTF people. and i know you euros love MJ. oh well R.I.P. MJ you are the King of Music period. Fuck the gay ass beetles