Blizzard: StarCraft II beta is “very, very close”

Thursday, 18th June 2009 14:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

starcraft2_logo1

StarCraft II producer Chris Sigaty has given a clear indication that StarCraft II’s beta really is almost upon us.

“What I can tell you is that we’re working hard on it right now, and we’re getting very, very close,” he said, talking in a live interview with Swedish site Press2Play.

“We don’t have an announcement on it right now, but we’re not years away at this point, and we’re not even quarters away at this point. Very soon, very soon.”

The developer has nothing new to add on a final release date for the RTS.

“We’re saying that we’re targeting to release the game this year,” said Sigaty, but the game won’t ship till it’s ready.

Our BattleNet log-in’s with Blizzard, as was requested earlier this week. Can we plz has beta now?

1. dunk sb

Read its propaganda films, it is looking forward to the StarCraft II.

2. David Sarkisjan

Yea, can we have beta now, please?

3. Centipede

My guestimate would be: TOMORROW!!! … well soon anyway ;-p

4. anasui

hope base building isnt gimped. Ruined DOW 2 for me

5. Patrick Garratt

Doesn’t look like it from all the movies I’ve watched. Bases all over the place.

6. Hunam

anasui, head over to gametrailers and check out the battle report videos. Shows full matches including folks building bases everywhere.

7. El_MUERkO

i’d love to sort my battle.net account out, pity blizzard are fucking useless when it comes running sites and totally fucked up my logins

to clarify, typing “battle.net” into your address bar will bring you to the website http://us.battle.net… however blizzard have an http://eu.battle.net website and despite them both being identical and both allowing US and EU data onto them they allowed me to create two separate accounts, one on each, then associate my WoW account with only one of them… the EU one… then not let me log into the EU account!!!

\o/