Ghostbusters: PC multiplayer was sacrificed for console versions

Wednesday, 17th June 2009 17:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ghostbustersa2

A statement has been issued regarding the lack of multiplayer in the PC version of Ghostbusters.

According to the game’s multiplayer developer, the multiplayer was cut so that the console versions could be “the best that they could be.”

“Multiplayer for the PC version of Ghostbusters is something that Threewave and Terminal Reality always wanted to do,” said Dan Irish, CEO of Threewave. “However, our focus was on making the console version the best that they could be – an experience that allows multiple players to re-live and re-fight many of the themes from the movies.

“When we looked at the resources necessary to pull off multiplayer on the consoles and the PC, it became a question of what could we do and still be excellent in our execution. We couldn’t do all versions with multiplayer simultaneously with the resources that we had available – there was simply too much to do. Something would have to suffer.

“Therefore, we kept our focus on making the console versions deliver on the promise of being an integral player on the Ghostbusters team.”

No word on whether multiplayer support will eventually be added.

Via BigDownload.

1. blackdreamhunk

good reason not to waste my time for this because it`s already garbage!

2. MushroomStamp

Consoles offer a better gaming experience for people that play in 8+ hr clips… kick back on the couch with a beer and relax. Sitting at a PC for 8+ hrs causes neck and back pain. CONSOLES offer you the most enjoyable gaming, period. Only graphic whores with $4k pc will argue because for them it isnt’ about the fun or gaming it’s about the graphics.

I agree, I wanted to like this game, but talk about TEDIOUS!

3. Patrick Garratt

hahaha

4. loki

PC port suck, not because console, because it is PC

5. G1GAHURTZ

WOAH!

bdh just got well and truly PWNED!

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Hmm let me see….PC price is $29.99……console price is $59.99…….tough call. I could care less about multiplayer in this game. I’ll grab the PC version for sure.

7. blackdreamhunk

consoles are a poor man`s gaming machine they are barage and waste of time. i want real games no junk

8. Michael O'Connor

Gotta love how bdh completely ignores every single counter-argument made against him and simply continues on his tirades, oblivion to everything that proves him wrong…

9. Captain Fruitloop

At least he gives all the PS3 and 360 fanboys a reason to come together and unite on something.

Go, bdh! Doing his best to end the console flamewars, all on his own!

10. G1GAHURTZ

bdh was on the ropes, all bloodied and bruised from MushroomStamp’s furious salvo…

But he came back with a tremendous knockout punch!

Right on the chin!!

POW!!!

That bdh seems UNSTOPPABLE!

11. Psychotext

@Michael: BDH is a bot, and not a very sophisticated one. You’re expecting too much of him.

12. G1GAHURTZ

I like the way he misspelled garbage as barage.

13. MushroomStamp

Heh, you guys crack me up :)

14. Morrius

Can’t be any worse than the PS3 version. I might get the PC version when it’s cheap. I love Ghostbusters, I don’t like full price games that clock in at 4/5 hours.

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

@Morrius
    PC version debuted at $29.99. That’s pretty cheap.

16. Hunam

So basically, as PC doesn’t have a PSN/Live type back end they just couldn’t be bothered.

Secondly, will the anti-pc brigade kindly fuck off? I don’t have a top line PC and I still prefer to game on the PC because I prefer mouse and keyboard and if I so wanted I could just pick up the 360 pad and game with that. Some people like a TV and a sofa, some like mouse, keyboard and a big comfy exec chair. If you want something straightforward and easy then yeah, consoles are ace, if you like to tinker with stuff or enjoy management or RTS games, then you can’t really do much better than a PC.

Thirdly, you console only folks don’t help your cause much by being mostly illiterate and stupid.

/calm blue ocean

17. Gekidami

That last part is funny Hunam, mainly because bdh is on your side.

18. Hunam

He’s not at all, I have the whole lot, nothing wrong with consoles, nothing wrong with PC’s. I even like macs.

19. freedoms_stain

“Sitting at a PC for 8+ hrs causes neck and back pain.”

If you sit at a desk, which isn’t necessary.

The gamepad has been around on PC for a good few decades.

20. Hunam

A decent chair will sort you out to be fair. I don’t get any neck/back pain on my pc at all.

21. SwiftRanger

As people on other sites have noted, don’t these devs know about Steam or Games for Windows Live? Hell, that last one is just Xbox Live! Sounds bollocks these reasons. An example of how not to do a port to PC, for the gazillionth time.

22. Shatner

The irony in #8 is really quite amazing. Infinitely so, in fact.

Takes one to know one I guess.

23. Mike

Yeah. The irony of going on and on about someone going on and on about stuff is infinitely amazing.

24. Shatner

Everyone seems to do it don’t they Mike. Some even make a habit of *always* targeting the same individual whilst trying to make superior sounding statements.

Actions > words, Mike. One day, maybe, you’ll understand that.

25. OrphanageExplosion

Pot, kettle, black. The way you bring your personal grudges into each and every thread you materialise in is becoming increasingly pathetic. Can’t you just discuss the news rather than grizzle about whatever Mike, Psychotext or O’Connor are saying at any particular moment?

26. Shatner

Yes! Excellent post. You’re so much better than those people who make character judgements on others Orph! You demonstrate this by making a character judgement on someone else!

Fucking classic. You could tell people to think before they post but they never will. Their actions ALWAYS speak louder than their words!!

As for those particular people – they’ve all assumed a role of authority and, in every case, they’re just posturing and bluffing. I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t particularly care for bullshitters. I find them their output infintely worthless, trivial and tantamount to lies.

Still Orph, I’ll “just discuss the news” just like you did in that post above! Lead by example eh? There’s a good chap.

Maybe I should just be like the cool kids and always pick on the same individual whilst preaching to others. Like all those shining examples that like to single out folk like BDH. Apparently, someone’s not entitled to express an opinion if enough bullies pick on him (even when he’s not there) and say otherwise. He’s someone who consistently talks about the article but because he doesn’t bleat with the herd he gets ridiculed for it.

None of you are better than anyone else. So take your ridiculous superiority complexes and go look up the word “hypocrite” in the dictionary. When you’re genuinely a better person, THEN you can go arond making judgement calls.

And, should that ever happen, try doing it without being so discrimanatory too. It’ll make your argument about principles that much more convincing if you apply it without prejudice.

27. Mike

28. Michael O'Connor

What Mike said.

29. Shatner

/tinfoil-hat based accusation

/*yawn*

/dramatic flounce

30. Psychotext

/marks card

Ahh, who am I kidding? I already finished it three times over.

31. Shatner

/makes up some numbers

/makes up flame-bait

/digs up year old post to troll it

/mocks from sidelines

/pretends he’s above it all

/does it all over again in about an hour

32. Michael O'Connor

Flounce? Now that’s a word I’ve never heard before.

*writes it down in his little black book*

33. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Uh heres some news people…Orphanage’s post was right on the money. Stop insulting one another and lets try discussing the news article(s). Christ almighty. Oh, and if you can’t get your point accross in a paragraph, don’t even bother, i for one don’t read these 5+ paragraph tyrants of insults…

34. Shatner

So, you don’t read them, but you’ll judge and respond to them anyway. Another *excellent* example of holier-than-thou slamming it’s foot straight into it’s gob.

Dr. G – 90% of the posts here are much the same. Pretty shameful really. But when a chunk of that behaviour is fuelled by site contributors, well, what do you expect?

Actions > words

Not that people ever take responsibility for their actions. It’s *always* someone else that made them write the things they chose to write.

Right?

Right!

35. Dr.Ghettoblaster

What i said SHATNER is I don’t read the 5+ paragraph insult rants from one person to another. I read the comments related to the article. That’s what this forum/setup is for……comments.

Notice how I didn’t insult anyone in all my comments, but you constantly do?

36. Michael O'Connor

Ghetto: He’ll assume you are anyway.

And will undoubtedly spend five or six long winded paragraphs explaining why he must definitely be right and why you *must* be completely in the wrong.

Stop with you’re ahead. *laughs*

37. Shatner

Ghetto, I remark on people’s insular and hypocritical behaviour. If they didn’t behave is such a fashion then, surely, there’d be nothing for me to remark on. Logical – right? Except, of course, it’s ALWAYS my fault that others choose to behave in whatever fashion they see fit. I’m clearly some astounding internet puppetmaster, forcing others to behave in ways they have absolutely no control or responsibility for!! Astonishing!

BEHAVIOUR is far more telling than words. As O’Connor is yet to grasp. Although, his words telling an infinitely amusing story on their own.

See, O’Connor has this air of superiority. Of being above it all. Yet his BEHAVIOUR and insistence of making a flouncy, superior sounding comment betrays his snooty tone as he indulges in the same base behaviour that he would like to assert is beneath him. Hell, he even makes posts about it on his own forum to troll amongst his own ‘friends’ so as not to further tarnish his fragile personna on this site. Doesn’t work though.

But it’s fucking hilarious watching him keep up the pretence. Infinitely so.

People invest a lot of time and energy in their online personas. Asserting their authority on this, claiming their superiority on that. If they stopped all the effort posturing and bluffing and allowed others to express a contrary opinion every now and again, they’d not be so laughable when their mask slips.

38. Psychotext

“People invest a lot of time and energy in their online personas. Asserting their authority on this, claiming their superiority on that.”

This is being made unbelievably clear.

39. Shatner

/does it all over again in about an hour

:P

Except, PT, I never need to lie or fabricate (unlike a bunch of people I could very easily name). Just because people who prefer to believe in their assumptions can’t take a few harsh truths about things doesn’t make them falsehoods.

When you have as good an understanding of how the system works as I do in all my amazingness and brilliance, you’ll appreciate that. Until then, you keep up with your trivial numbers and mocking of other posters. It’s *really* serving you awfully well!

40. Seraphemz

I come here specifically for the Shatner – Oconnor feud.

Which is a lot better now that mike o has stopped ignoring Shat all together..

41. Psychotext

“/does it all over again in about an hour”

That was half an hour Shatner. Do pay attention to the details… I’m sure you’d rip someone else to pieces over such a small mistake. Talking of details and mistakes, have you managed to dig up the post which has me saying I’m a 360 developer yet?

42. Shatner

It was a fuzzy, made up number PT. I’m sure you can appreciate the importance of those.

I don’t need to dig up that post. You claimed that 360 porting was trivial. You *MUST* be a 360 developer to make such a broad assertion. Even though you seem totally incapable of answered the most simple of 360 development questions.

Actions > Words, PT. You’re no better than the rest of the rest of the fakers.

43. Michael O'Connor

“I come here specifically for the Shatner – Oconnor feud.”

What feud would that be then? I see no feuding. Feel free to quote me, of course.

“See, O’Connor has this air of superiority.”

DAMN STRAIGHT, BITCH! *beats his chest in a manly fashion*

44. Dr.Ghettoblaster

On that note….so they took out the multiplayer in GB for PC. At least they lowered the price of admission by $30!

45. dirigiblebill

Owners of the console versions: is multiplayer (1) cooperative, competitive or both, and (2) any good?

46. Psychotext

@Shatner: lol… it really offends you that I have a bit of fun predicting hardware numbers doesn’t it? I just can’t work out why such a small thing would annoy you.

Oh, and as to how I know how hard porting from the PC to the 360 is. I don’t have to be a developer to know it – I’ve been involved in the costing process for it (or specifically the outsourcing process for it). Admittedly only once, but the sums involved with that project really were trivial in the grand scheme of things. If your experience differs, I apologise… but then I can’t speak for your experience of it.

I assume you understand that you can be involved with a development project without actually developing on it right? There’s usually some business minded people found wandering amongst the code monkies.

47. Shatner

It doesn’t offend me in the slightest. PT. Not that you’ll take my word on me over your assumptions of course.

I just don’t like liars and bullshitters – or people who pretend that because they’ve seen a number, they understand the process it represents. Trust me, the instant you actually do any *genuine* development you’ll appreciate just how huge the gulf of understand is between what you know and what you THINK you know.

Not that you ever will, of course. You’ll just assert that looking at a number is the same thing as creating something. You’re like those kids that play Guitar Hero and then compare themselves to Led Zeppelin.

48. Psychotext

Wait a second… predicting hardware sales every month makes me a liar and a bullshitter now? You get better and better.

49. Michael O'Connor

“Wait a second… predicting hardware sales every month makes me a liar and a bullshitter now?”

Yes. Yes it does.

You’re a bad, bad man Psycho! REPENT!

50. Shatner

No, you’re entitled to your cute guesswork. Those numbers don’t interest me. They interest the industry and people that believe that taking an interest in numbers make them more authoritative than those that keep those numbers in context.

Bullshitting is insisting that you’re familiar with something and are some sort of authority on it when you aren’t. Of course, you can bullshit a lot of people. But there’s always going to be some that see straight through it.

Oh, whilst it’s not pure bullshitting, but deliberately misquoting them and then trying to take them to task over something they didn’t say comes pretty close to bullshitting. You’re very fond of that particular tactic PT.

Not that you care, right PT? Your repeated posts in this topic show how little you care! Why don’t you make another post here telling us all how little you care! :P

EDIT: Looks like O’Connor really hasn’t got his head around the actions>words thing. What a silly little man.

51. Michael O'Connor

Pychotext in “Crime against humanity for having fun predicting consoles sales” shocker!

More at 11!

52. dirigiblebill

So anyway, Ghostbusters.

53. Psychotext

This is brilliant. Much more entertaining than the work I was trying to get done. :D

54. Michael O'Connor

When there’s something strange, in your neighbourhood…

55. Shatner

Bless. He still doesn’t get it. I guess some people are so wrapped up in their own sense of infinite wonderfulness they can’t see how their actions make a complete mockery of their words.

Keep on faking, fakers! NEVER GIVE IN!

56. Psychotext

“Keep on faking, fakers! NEVER GIVE IN!”

You could make a rap. That would be awesome.

57. Hunam

Shatner creeps me out with his whole actions/words vibe.

58. No_PUDding

When you start to take Shatner seriously, that’s where the problem stems from.

He’s not creepy, he’s just the VG247 Jester.

He likes to amalgamate each of his negative experiences with the individuals on this site, and then generalise about ‘us’, based on those collective experiences.

Did anyone else notice that?

By the way Shatner, I am just here, to be another one of the bullies. Clearly. You knew that was going to happen though, becuase ‘we’ are all so predictable.

59. ashers2ashers

What d’you mean, creeps you out, Hunam?
    I think I get where you’re coming from, just not sure on the choice of wording with him giving you the creeps.

I wonder why this actions/words argument hasn’t been raised before, though of course it couldn’t have done if the actions hadn’t been done enough times for Shatner to have a valid argument – but the fact he’s been able to reiterate his argument several times in this one thread is more than enough I guess.

What troubles me, is that even though Shatner always insists he isn’t effected by others, and the arguments they have infinitely amuse him – and I have no reason to disbelieve this – today it just seems like he’s a little more hostile than it usually seems. Like something bad happened today and so he’s a bit more annoyed than usual.
    I say more annoyed, but again have no real reason to assume that, as if I’m to take Shatner’s word, he’s just having a laugh.

I think I find it appears more hostile to me as this is a gaming website and I expect to see comments about games, arguments about differing opinions on games, and tedious flame wars and fanboyism. Shatner’s clear, intelligent, bias-free arguments seem fundamentally out of place of the realms of a stereotypically male young adult/late teenage geek who would create an online persona greater than their real, “lacking” personality (as defined by the social pressures of school life, jocks/”popularity” etc.)

So yeah, I’m reiterating that I’ve no reason to not believe Shatner/do believe him – though it’s ultimately (obviously) impossible to know for sure. (Unless we met in real life, but yeah, not gonna happen, and would be pretty peculiar if it did.)

Obviously I’ve read quite a lot into this and don’t expect an answer I can be sure of. I’m thinking Shatner would say he’s not in a worse mood today than normal, and he genuinely does just find arguments funny/engaging (I certainly find them entertaining on a slagging-off front, and also for loving proper debates/arguments from a thought-processing observational point of view). Most would ignore this as it seems they already do though, so not much point repeating himself (unless he wants to assure me I’ve no need to worry over him ;))

On the other hand, he could admit to being in a subpar mood today and that could be why he’s been particularly “active” today, but no doubt open himself up to people ridiculing him with sarcastic comments like “Shatner can fall from his pedestal – even with his almighty excellence and balance?!” (maybe with a LOL thrown in for good measure ;)) Then again, he wouldn’t care, and so if he doesn’t say something to the above effect, then people could protest he’s not saying it because he actually does care a lil. Basically, anything he says can and will be picked on as it often appears on here pretty much everyone hates/dislikes him, as even those who aren’t regulars in the sparring matches and comment about disliking lengthy personal vendettas taking up space that should be on topic, are annoyed by it, I guess. (I don’t, and like others find it an interesting/entertaining way to kill time).

But yeah, I’ve rambled enough I think. Kinda strayed away from Hunam’s comment – not really mentioning Shatner’s actions/words vibe of today – but the point is I read into things too much, proof of which is above if you read it again in case it slipped you by the first time… If you read it of course. I understand people don’t come here for this kinda discussion, but it’s what happens and I felt like joining in for once.
    Though I can see myself as coming across as pro-shatner, condemning me to ridicule/criticism, or even being accused of Shatner having hacked into ashers2ashers’ account, or this being an alias of him all along this past year or so, having been waiting all this time before unleashing a fictional “supporter” of Shatner to try and change the ways of posters on here, or change the consensus on the opinion of Shatner at VG247.

Just realised I’ve rambled even more, predicting some of the potential actions of people on here. I’mma say that’s what I like having fun predicting, like PT does his console sales numbers, only sharing it for the first time now :D

And I’m spent. For real this time.

60. Shatner

No Pudding, you’re the shining white knight out to save the internet from facile empty comments with your blinding truth and GREAT INTERNET JUSTICE!!

That’s why you like to jump into arguments that don’t concern you and stir shit. Or why your try to antagonise people that aren’t even speaking in the same conversation as you.

See kiddies whilst you protest that I’m generalising and making it all up – you know I’m not. I’m referring to very specific examples of your own efforts. Showing that, in spite of your posturing and superiority, you’re absolutely no better than those you try to mock and condemn.

But fakers keep on fakin’. Gotta believe the hype about yourselves that you’ve invested so much of your effort into. Doesn’t matter that you’ve all shown you true colours loads of times. Gotta act like it never happened and you’re so much better than the other guy! After all, if you take responsibility for the words you write and the actions you take.. ..no, that doesn’t bear thinking about. Just act how you like, prentend you’re better than the other guy AND blame him and suggest he’s making it all up.

Such a noble White Knight you are, Pudding!

So, any experts want to answer my super simple XDK question? Or are you all just a bunch of hypocritical trolls and shit stirrers who think you’re better than someone else?

No. It’s ok. I already know the answer. Your actions say everything!

OK! Next troll – come on up and tell me how much better a human being you are than the other guy with your untarnished record of perfect conduct and informed and well reasoned statements.

Chop chop!

61. Michael O'Connor

“today it just seems like he’s a little more hostile than it usually seems.”

You kidding? This is one of his calmer days. *laughs*

62. Shatner

A2A – It’s flattering. But I already expressed my stance on things in this topic in an earlier post. A lot of people, experts in everything that they cast their gaze upon, are more than happy to dimiss my comments about myself in favour of their own authoritative guesswork though.

As many of my devoted followers will assure you, I’ve not been particularly over-active today. I dare say someone will produce a graph of my activity if you ask them nicely enough. Watch out for the ones drawn in crayon though. They might not be entirely based on factual events.

And, as we all know, everyone comes to this site to see Shatner do his thing and refer to himself in the third person. My brilliance and genuine understanding of industry machinations combined with my biting wit and merciless satire is a heady and intoxicating mix that nobody can resist.

It’s because I’m worth it.

63. Shatner

LOLConnor still doesn’t get it.

And I like how he’s inserting the “*laughs*” thing to suggest he’s such a jolly, jokey fellow that’s taking this all on his virtual chin.

Truly, one of the great pretenders.

64. No_PUDding

I am involving myself in this situation, becuase I was told about it by someone. And calling me a shit-stirrer in this scenario, is totally apt.

I am here, so you can show people the light! Preach to that non-existant audience, that you believe read these comments, that aren’t the very people you are slagging off!

Go on!

65. Shatner

No no, Pudpud, you, the self-proclaimed White Knight of the internet are The Way. You told me so yourself!

I’m following YOUR teachings! My behaviour is modelled on yours! I come into threads and say what I like making absolutely no effort to refer to the topic! Hell, I’ll even *Repeatedly* derail the same topic as I see fit!

Soon, I hope to truly master the art of making antagonistic comments about people who aren’t in a topic yet, hoping to lure them in and then berate them for responding to my original remarks! I know I’m not quite the master at that yet – but give me time and I’m sure I will soon reach your high standards!!

All my actions are in reference to your own noble ones! You, the saviour of our internet! It’s ALL thanks to you!!

66. Hunam

The actions and words rhetoric just seems like sex pest logic to me.

67. No_PUDding

Really? How predictable of you!

I am the white knight and seem to have successfully led you astray from anything meaningful to say. I don’t think you needed my help though.

68. Shatner

One assumes, like all experts, you speak from much first hand experience of the subject you’re referencing hunam.

Or could you just be another wanker trying to sound superior whilst actually being just another troll?

Hmm. Maybe both!

69. Shatner

Pudding, like everyone else – I have NO responsibility for the words I write. It is all because of someone else that these words exist.

And, as you proclaimed yourself the White Knight of the internet very clearly, very directly, very boldy, I can and must give you the responsibility for my output. I couldn’t possibly take credit for work that so closely mirrors your own behaviour!

If you are not the White Knight you claimed to be when you were so boldy asserting how much better a human being you were than me – well, my brain cannot deal with the possiblity that you’re a two-faced, lying, vacuous waste of space with no credibility and a fondness for trolling but pretending to be better than others.

NO! You ARE the White Knight you told me you were. So you ARE responsible for everything I ever say!

Thank you Pudpud!!

70. Hunam

Everything you say is laced with crazy.

71. No_PUDding

It’s the frenzied nonsensical parts that I am most certainly responsible for!

He’s very easy to wind up.

72. Shatner

Another expert reference derived for authoritative first hand experience, hunam?

Or just more blatant trolling from a blatant troll?

I love superior human beings who are just as bad as the people they’re trying to sound superior too. It makes my tummy feel yummy.

73. Hunam

You don’t need to wind him up. I have no idea how anyone could stand him in person. He makes Sheldon in The Big Bang Theory appear as a veteran socialite.

74. Shatner

Sorry Pud, not wound up. I know youre assummptions about me MUST be far more expert than anything I might say about myself. But you’ll just have to trust me on this: you’re wrong.

But, please, keep providing me with more and more ammunition to throw back in your face when you want to be taken seriously. It’s all good stuff.

75. Hunam

Shatner, seriously, what is wrong with you? You are just sitting there obsessively crying about how everyone is experts and that they are always trying to sound superior to other people yet you are the person here, as a matter of empircal fact, claiming to be superior to everyone else. Hell, the very first post I read of yours was you stating you don’t need to answer to people on here, yet demanding they answer to you.

76. Shatner

Yeah, Hunam’s clearly going for the “blatant troll” thing here. What a noble chap.

Gotta love someone on the internet, under a fake name, who still won’t stand by what they say after they’ve said it.

Come on holier-than-thou trolls. I’m sure more of you can all make the same super-fucking-obvious mistake that this current lot are making. There’s enough shovels for you all to dig yourself nice deep holes!

77. Hunam

“Hmm. Wasn’t it hunam that deleted the content from all his posts in an argument a month or so back. That was internet backpeddling of quite the highest order. Very impressive work!”

No, I’ve never deleted a comment on here, you must be mistaken.

78. Shatner

Well Hunam, why should I answer you? You’ve already decided you know what I’m doing, why I’m doing it, what’s motivating me etc etc.

You’re another one of these self-proclaimed Shatner experts where you decide you know me and your word on me is more accurate than my own.

Why am I doing this? Because I love it when self righteous wankers like to troll and then, later on, get all stroppy and put out because they get treated like a troll. You’re all so convinced that you’re so much better than the guy you all choose to discriminate against but if you had one iota of intelligence you’d understand how damning your own actions are.

I like it when people single-handedly destroy their own credibility. Especially if they’re hypocritical trolls that don’t listen to common sense. So I’m more than happy to facilitate the process.

Carry on.

79. No_PUDding

Oh, that was you throwing it back in my face? Why would you even want ammunition to use against me, unless you were wound up or cross with me?

Lets be totally honest here Shatner, as per usual, your posts are communicating a confused message.

80. No_PUDding

No one decides they know you.

You’re always this faceless puddle of words. And that is probably why we react to you, as we do.

81. Shatner

Oh pudding, you’re cute. A little naive but cute.

Why respond to something when you can just pretend you don’t understand any of it (and blame the other guy for your own lack of comprehension!). It’s just another backpeddle-and-blame routine.

No one decides they know me? That’s odd. They ALL (including you, you forgetful little scamp in denial, you!) talk about me as if they know everything about me.

Pay attention pudding, I’m going to use short words just for you:

They act as if they know everything me. Despite your words suggesting they dont.

Can you get your soft little head around that statement pudpud? Not too complex for you I hope. I tried to keep it down to as few syllables as possible. :D

NEXT!

82. Hunam

Shatner, your doing the exact same thing as I am. Your mantra of actions betraying words is you claiming you know (in this example) mike better than mike does, and you clearly delight in telling him this, every time he posts. You call us self-righteous wankers when you are the most unreasonable and self-righteous person I’ve ever met on the internet. God complex would be an understatement for you.

83. No_PUDding

While you were busy being pejorative, you seemed to miss there being very little to ‘understand’ here.

I clearly had nothing to backpeddle with or to. It’s okay if you’re getting wound-up, it was my intention.

84. No_PUDding

Hunam, for some reason it doesn’t occur to him. And oce you’re onto something, and accuse him of it, instantly you are equally as guilty of it.

Or at least that’s what I’ve come to understand of the Shatner who has presented himself here.

85. Hunam

He’s either promoting extended satire through irony, or moon logic is his friend.

86. Shatner

Sorry pudding, repetition doesn’t turn your guesswork into fact. Try a different tactic sonnyjim.

Also, I note that you boys are speaking about me as if you know me. Again. (#84, #85). This is why your words are so utterly worthless. You say one thing like “nobody is claiming they know you” but then you prance off and act as if you do. You’re not very consistent. And you’re absolutely terrible at understanding your own behaviour. But I like that. It’s funny to watch hypocrites insist they’re not hypocrites and then watch them prove the opposite is true!

Hunam,
    As for comparisons, this is the bit none of you fakers and trolls ever understand. You’re are ALL so busy pointing the finger and laying the blame at me you always give yourselves the benefit of doubt. Your ‘reasonable’ way of always blaming someone else for your repeated trolls and attacks totally destroy any worth in your statements. You like to attack first and then, sometimes, try to reason afterwards. By which point, your prior behaviour makes you just another person not worth listening to.

And then you pout and demand to be listened to, and when it doesn’t happen, you just go back to trolling. (Which is precisely what’s happened in the post above. Classic!)

The cycle is pretty obvious. Yet so few of you ever seem to learn from it.

OK. Time to blame me for something again. Go for it kids. This is good shit!

87. No_PUDding

Either suggestion works for me. As long as there’s a reaction.

Extended satire is different from being a ‘trickster’ though.

Satire implies some sort of cadence, a trickster does not.

88. Shatner

You’re a White Knight pudding. You told me so yourself. Are you now telling me you were lying?

(That’s a pretty simple question. I hope you can understand it and produce a simple answer!)

89. No_PUDding

This is the strangest development of Shatner’s communicative skills. It’s like mail merged, automatic response to anything you’ll say, that doesn’t quite make sense.

There’s no guesswork Shatner. There’s nothing to guess about here, there’s not really a discussion or argument either.

90. No_PUDding

Oh wait, there’s more.

Shatner, don’t ‘we’ all lie at VG247. In your wisdom and understanding of our tiny little minds, I would have thought you’d known!

91. Shatner

So, you’re unable to answer a simple direct question with a simple response. Even though it was stated very very clearly! How surprising.

Any more hypocrisy and bullshit you want to demonstrate pudding? Or are you just going to change direction again until you run out of infantile tricks?

(Oops. Another question! Silly me, I forgot that Pudding doesn’t answer those!)

Why don’t you remark how I make comments to you. (Be sure to ignore the hypocrisy of how you also make replies to everything I say, thus demonstrating precisely the same behaviour you’re trying to mock others for. Tee hee!)

92. Hunam

So basically, I have valid points which are invalid because you say so? In that case, I should just go and disregard any valid points you have made and I have agreed with you on because the first time I visited this site you were acting like a spoilt child.

Also, I don’t get how I blamed you for my trolling? This logic here escapes me. I trolled you for the same reason everyone else does, because its the internet and you can troll people.

Granted that trying to reason with someone after you have alluded to them being a sex pest isn’t really the correct procedure, but based on past experience, trying to reason with you without trolling you is met with the exact same stock responses.

I also never demanded you listen to me either, I referenced a comment you made about not answering to people but demand being answered two as an illustration of your past double standards.

Have you not figured out yet that all this back peddling you accuse people of most of the time is just them refuting something which you have just flat out made up.

You could argue that if this is how I feel about you then why am I even bothering? Well… you don’t make sense to me. Which is why I ask you questions all the time about the way you interact with other people. It bothers me.

93. No_PUDding

Why is it surprising? It’s clear what you wanted, and it’s clear that by not answering the question you’d produce another fallacy.

More to the point, I would feel that answering you question would give you some satisfaction. I can answer it now if you like?

94. No_PUDding

Looks like I am going to fail my task. The crickets are starting to chirp.

95. Shatner

Ah, so pudding still likes to exhibit precisely the same behaviour that he is mocking someone else for. But, of course, he’s better than the other person because he’s ONLY doing it to antagonise. Truly a whiter knight of the Internet could never exist than you, pudding!

And Hunam, even though you reference the point in your post, you still failed to understand that after trolling someone (and reasoning that, hey, it must be ok because everyone is doing it – classy thinking there!) exempts your reasonable attempts at posting of any worth. I already explained this once to you already but you’re just going to continue to bang your head against that wall and then argue that I’m unreasonable because I don’t respect people that just attack me out of the blue because that seems to be what the other sheep are doing.

So, in summary Hunam, the validity of your words doesn’t matter. Your earlier words invalidated the newer ones before you wrote them. But, like most people, you’re going to blame someone else for that instead of taking responsibility for your own actions.

And the circle is complete. Pudding will eke out the “noble antagonist” service he enjoys so much and I will let him build an increasingly large hole for himself. Hunam will either learn the futility of his actions or get the hump, spit out a troll comment, then pout when his longer statement isn’t regarded as anything I should give two shits about.

And, come sunrise, O’Connor who is clearly not bothered in the slightest will make a vacuous and empty remark which he believe is pithy and sharp but will continue to demonstrate his frustration, angst and feelings of inadequacy in spite of a trying-too-hard attempt at playfulness by declaring “*laughs*” before the end of the comment. This will be followed by a single-smiley post by Mike.

G’night my little fakers and trolls. Sleep in comfort under your bridges.

GOTO#57
    END

96. Hunam

I’ll take B.

I think you’re a fucking lunatic and it scares me that people like you exist in the real world.

/pouts

97. OrphanageExplosion

@Shatner: congratulations on ruining another thread by turning it into being all about discussion of you and your “hit list” – rather than the news.

Here’s a suggestion: if you disagree with a post, discuss that, not the poster. Be poster agnostic. As it is, your first contribution to this thread was to wade in and re-ignite your long standing feud with O’Connor. As if they that will make any difference at all. As if any one else actually cares. You were just having a pop really.

Nothing to do with the news, nothing really to do with the comment being posted. Which then kicked off yet another flame-fest between you and your “hit list”, all of whom should know better than to indulge you.

Enough, please.

98. Blerk

Holy fucking shit!

99. Mike

Batman!

100. endgame

holy f s**t u guys know how to argue about something.. :p

anyways, i’m pretty sure no one cares about what i have to say now since they r coming here just to check out the fighting news but what some hardcore pc user said on this topic is wrong. blood cough cough.. the pc is not an expensive platform! and i’m not saying that because it can be used for multiple jobs. even if u only use it for gaming, if u’r smart enough, u’ll know how to build/buy a good pc that can run everything on medium with the same price of a console. if u buy it 2nd hand, well, u can play every game on high with the same money that u would pay for a console. my less than 1000euros lappy plays crysis warhead on med to high and i have no problem running anything on less than medium. my 4 years old pc (just with a new videocard, a simple 8600gt) can run crysis on medium, probably with some settings on high, idk, i never really bothered with that one.

as for the g-game, i don’t really care about it anyway. i mean, it’s not like i don’t have anything to play on my pc, actually i don’t have time to play the tens of games that i want to right now.

cheers!

101. Robster1979

That was an entertaining read :-)

102. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Yeah….half the posts (that’s FIFTY or more) have NOTHING to do with this article topic whatsoever…..lol