Valkyria Chronicles sales jumped 400% in April

Tuesday, 9th June 2009 19:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

valkyriachronicles

Valkyria Chronicles saw a 400 percent increase in sales during April and which almost equals to the amount of  units sold during its November 2008 debut, reports the US Sega Blog.

The burning hot sales can be attributed to community contests, DLC and the temporary price drop to $30.

According to the blog:

“To be able to say that sales more than quadrupled almost six months after a game’s launch is a feat that few games can ever boast – and Valkyria Chronicles, with the amazing help of all of your support, can now do so wholly.”

More through the link.

Via Joystiq.

1. Gamoc

This is possibly more to do with the fact that nobody was buying it beforehand, rather than it selling a particularly large amount now, though.

2. Johnny Cullen

This surely now has a case for a sequel after this.

God, I want one badly! One of the undersung and underrated games for PS3.

I encourage anyone who has a PS3 to go and get this game.

3. Gekidami

Wonder if the release of the animé helped sales in Japan… If its even out yet that is.

4. rainer

Well thats some good news, VC was a great game really one of the best on the PS3 and showed how to bring turn based tactical shooters into something more approachable.

Now VC does have some anime cliches but if you can overlook the occasional slip up from those its a pretty decent story.

I really hope a sequel gets green lit or Sega have the good sense to release it on PC/360 too.

Gekidami yeah the anime is out in Japan, you can see some fan sub episodes if you know where to look warning though its way more anime cliche ridden than the game was.

5. Psychotext

Excellent game. Easily one of my favourites this gen.

6. Gekidami

I never beat the game honnestly, i found it crushingly difficult, i got up to abit where you had to progressively destroy a massive tanks then at one point that girl with powers shows up and just owns all my squad.

7. theevilaires

can they please add trophies now :P pleassssssssssse

8. Psychotext

I remember that one. The trick was to hide behind the big tank so you didn’t get your face smushed in by her.

9. TheTwelve

Awesome game…PS3 owners, buy it up. I don’t know how many times it has to be said that this might be THE best game on the PS3.

I found the game to be very easy, actually…and I would love it if there was DLC content for an Expert Campaign mode.

10. Gamoc

I borrowed this from someone because I liked the demo, but since it took something like a millenia to get to the first battle and the cutscenes were so damn anime-cliche I lost interest before the first fight.

11. dirigiblebill

God bless cell-shading, fickle markets and schoolgirls who go to WAR.

/salutes

12. No_PUDding

It sold like 33,0000 int he first month, and they said, in April it sold pretty much the same, they said.

So that’s badass.

60,000+ confirmed. Just release month and April.

13. Hunam

It did well enough for SEGA to go and gush about the sales and the fans, so hopefully more to come!

14. Ingenu

Fun game.

15. Tonka

I really want this game. I have actually been thinking about buying it so that if I ever in a distant future buy a PS3 I will have it waiting.

This game makes the PS3 more desirable than the 360 for me.

16. Blerk

60,000 is still pretty crap though, Pud. Which is a crying shame, because it deserved so much better. :-(