“Industry sources” point to $100 PS3 cut this August

Tuesday, 9th June 2009 07:49 GMT By Patrick Garratt

ps313

Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia said in a note yesterday that chatter’s pointing to a summer price cut for PS3.

“Industry sources indicate Sony is planning a $100 price cut on the PS3 in mid-August, just prior the launch of Madden (8/18) and the start of the back to school shopping season. This will naturally be a positive for the industry,” she said.

Hey, everyone! Gamescom’s on in mid-August!

Thanks, Industrygamers.

1. Dannybuoy

I know a few people who still think the PS3 is just too pricey. I think if the price does drop then there will be a gold rush!

2. Blerk

I’ll be astonished if they drop it $100 in one go. Would be a great move on their part, but… they’ve not been too hot on the ‘great moves’ of late. $50 max.

3. David

Neva-gona-happen

:P

If it does my money will be in front of the first gamestation employee

4. Psychotext

So… knowing the way these things usually work, that would mean a £250 PS3 in the UK.

5. David

until the PS3 is under £200 even with the awesome games it has that I want to play I just :( can’t pull myself to hand over the money.

6. Captain Fruitloop

I might finally buy one, at that price drop, but I’d still feel dirty as I handed over the money.

Sony, in their ivory tower, really have deserved the kicking they’ve got this generation.

7. tenthousandgothsonacid

“Sony, in their ivory tower, really have deserved the kicking they’ve got this generation”

I really don’t understand where this misguided viewpoint comes from.

You honestly think that with the yen in the hole and the price of manufacturing that they’re making money on the ps3 and laughing about it ?

In which case you’re a fucking idiot.

8. blackdreamhunk

I want them to lose more money I am even more happy if they don’t

9. matirishh

It’s 300 euro in Poland already, as the polish currency has gone down. It’s a PAL version. If they drop the price down, ps3 should cost 230-250 euro in there, that may match 360s price.

10. cachucha

they been predicting that like a year ago

11. Gekidami

Its predicted every month.

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

$299 is the sweet spot they should try and reach for maximum percieved consumer value.

13. koourosh

it seems reasonable to don’t cutting the price ’till selling season but in other hand it might be late couse with Microsoft conference they gonna stay in second place ’till selling season !!

14. No_PUDding

I thought this said analysts point to $100 PS3.

xD