Big Surf Island vid shows new cars, things to do

Tuesday, 9th June 2009 10:06 GMT By Patrick Garratt

burnoutparadisebsi

Criterion’s posted a long video of Burnout Paradise’s Big Surf Island, showing the nine new cars from the expansion as well as a good look at the island itself.

You get an island-specific license, don’t you know. Hit the link. Mind you don’t trip over the “wows”.

The large piece of DLC hits the game this week, priced 1000 MSP/$12.99/€12.99/£9.99.

1. Syrok

I have a dream that one day all the people responsible for the pricing of items wake up and realise that $1 is worth less than €1.

2. David

Move to the UK :P

3. Syrok

No, I can’t be bothered changing my money every time I want to go somewhere in Europe. :P

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

A tenner ? They can fuck right off.

5. DARKFiB3R

For all the stuff they have given us for free, and the scope of what is on offer here, I reckon these guys deserve a tenner.

6. Syrok

I think that a reasonable price. I mean you get 9 cars, a reasonably large new area and quite a bit of new offline and online stuff to do. If you compare that to the €8 you have to pay for all four of the Legendary cars.

7. lk

from what I’ve seen and played of this so far, 10 pounds is pretty much a steal.

8. tenthousandgothsonacid

The reason I refuse to pay a tenner is they said it would be a free update to start with.

I don’t care if they added more stuff or EA started moaning about the leccy bill.

They lied to us and they can fuck off.

9. Psychotext

Big Surf Island was supposed to be free?

10. JonFE

10Kgothsonacid, can you actually find any link to back up that “free update” claim of yours?

EDIT: I, for one, will pick this up for 1000 MS points, thank you very much!!!

11. tenthousandgothsonacid

This was waaaaaay back. I’ll have a dig around…

12. Syrok

I seem to remember that many month ago they said that they hadn’t decided whether or not the island would cost anything, but a few month later they said that it will cost something because they added so much stuff to it.
    I maybe wrong though.

13. tenthousandgothsonacid

Well, Criterion have changed their website around a lot in teh last 12 months and, unsurprisingly, the old news has gone. I’m not the only person who remembers it though

I’m not having a go, I’m sure it’s worth a tenner, but not for me.

14. tenthousandgothsonacid

Oh aye, that destructoid article links to it :

“We’d mentioned in a previous podcast that this would be free content, but we can now confirm that it will be premium paid-for content.”

15. Psychotext

Fair enough.

16. JonFE

Fair enough indeed 10K :-)

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’m so sick of reading about Burnout Paradise expansions. And the prices are outrageous. Just release a sequel already. Lose the “sandbox” freedom too. Bring back the old school menu system. Much simpler for a racer.

18. Guyi2545

It is a free update to get technical lol. Burnout Paradise update number 1.9 (Free to download) Containing 1.6 1.7 1.9 the island (Not island access) and a few fixes you are paying ten quid for the access which is worth it im having fun in my toy legendary cars =] and its a fun island that 20 story high jump in there is fun =] oh and the dune buggys you get are so cool :) mmm got to love the island yeah oh and the other awesome cars to get are so sexy ^_^.