Schafer: This is Brütal Legend’s year

Monday, 8th June 2009 16:17 GMT By Mike

brutalleg1b2

VG247 met up with master games designer Tim Schafer at E3 last week, who told us he feels that 2009 is Brütal Legend’s year.

“This has been a great year for us. I’d thought we’d never get there,” he said when asked about how he sees Brütal Legend fitting in alongside the myriad of shooters and rhythm action games on show at the LACC.

“We’d be showing it and I’d walk up and there’d be this huge game on a billboard and I’d be like, ‘I wonder if we’ll ever get there, we’ll probably never get there,’ and now this year there’s Brütal Legend up there.

“I really feel like this is Brütal Legend’s year, and it really feels like it does stand out among the other games,” said Schafer.

Brütal Legend is out for Xbox 360 and PS3 later this year. That is, if Activision’s move to block the game’s release doesn’t bear fruit.

Check out a brand new trailer featuring the keeper of the sacred beer tree.

1. Blerk

Let’s just hope they’re actually allowed to release it. :-(

This is one of my most anticipated titles of the year.

2. blackdreamhunk

I will make sure to rent this game oh and rent a console too. That is if it ever gets released ahahahaha

3. The_Deleted

Activision don’t have a leg to stand on. From here on in, they can fuck off.

4. Hakkiz

Nah, they just want their (err, Vivendi’s) money back like they did with Riddick and Ghostbusters. Money is all they care about these days, not some silly heavy metal adventure. :)

5. mightyhokie

I’m with you, Blerk. This is THE game for me this year. I have my eye on a lot more, of course, but if I could only get one game, it would be Brutal Legend.

6. anasui

yeah, whatever. Let’s hope it’s actually good