Sat, Jun 06, 2009 | 22:40 BST
Protest group forms over Left 4 Dead 2, has 11,002 members
A group calling themselves L4D2 Boycott (NO-L4D2) has formed over on Steam and is asking people to forgo purchasing Left 4 Dead 2 because it feels the original needs to be concentrated on first.
So far, there are 11,022 members and here are the reasons why each member is boycotting the sequel:
- Significant content for L4D1 was promised, and never delivered
- Valve put little faith in L4D1 since they almost certainly started working on L4D2 right after release
- The fact that L4D2 is nearly identical to L4D1 will decimate the community for both games
- The announced date is not nearly enough time to polish content or make significant gameplay changes
- The new character designs seem bland and unappealing so far
- L4D2 is too bright to fit in with L4D1′s visual aesthetic
- The fiddle-based horde music is extremely disliked, though the differently orchestrated music is otherwise welcome
- L4D2′s release will result in a drop in quality and frequency for L4D1 content, even compared to before
- The community has lost faith in Valve’s former reputation for commitment to their games post-release
We’re staying out of this one.
Hit the link to check it out.