Molyneux – New MGS role is about “guidance”

Friday, 5th June 2009 12:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

petermolyneux4

Peter Molyneux’s told Edge that his new role as the European creative director of Microsoft Games Studios doesn’t mean he’s going to be ordering people about.

“Microsoft came to me and said, ‘It would be incredibly helpful to have someone such as yourself to creatively guide – and I want to stress that – it’s a creative guidance role,” he said, talking at E3 this week.

“I’m not going to go into studios and start designing their games. It’s just using my experience to help people through the development process.”

Molyneux’s new job was confirmed in LA this week, a move the Lionhead boss described as “very exciting”.

There’s a full interview through there.

1. Blerk

So in other words he’s Microsoft’s Miyamoto. Doing his own thing, but also standing in the shadows, secretly watching what everyone else is doing. And scaring them. :-D

2. Mike

Great news for British development, this, I think. A Brit being pretty much MS’ gaming overlord.

3. DrDamn

Peter and Kojima sitting in a tree … oh hold on …

4. Psychotext

@Blerk: What a disturbing image you’ve just put in my head.

5. SniperWolf

what this guy think of himself. kojima or Miyamoto.shhh

6. Captain Fruitloop

I could suffer Molyneux a lot better if every picture of him didn’t make him look like he’d drink his own bath water.

7. tenthousandgothsonacid

Let’s face it ms are trying to keep him away from fucking up any more actual development. Now he can just spout shit without promising anything he won’t deliver on…

8. SniperWolf

^
    I
    I
    hahahahhahaa

9. anasui

lol, he comes out as a humble bloke innit

(sarcasm)

10. Yoshi

lol u cant say MGS without meanin Metal Gear Solid :P

11. Slam Da Brakes

@tenthousandgothsonacid: I think you are right there. First job- market Natal.