Next Fallout 3 DLC due on June 23

Wednesday, 3rd June 2009 11:28 GMT By Patrick Garratt

f3point

Bethesda will release the next bit of Fallout 3 DLC, Fallout 3: Point Lookout, will release on June 23, the company said at E3 yesterday.

This is the swampy episode. IGN’s got impressions of it here. Screens there, too.

1. Blerk

I think I’m going to hold of buying any of the DLC until it’s all out, on the off-chance that they do a huge bundle or something when it’s all finished.

2. Lutz

Blerk: They are doing mate! Fallout GOTY edition. Get your current copy traded in, and buy the GOTY version in October. No doubt it’ll be about £30 in places, and all the DLC will cost £33.50 alone. (5 DLC at 800pnts each is 4000pnts. 4200pnts is £35)

I’ve already done it. Got £12 for FO3 too.

3. Blerk

Really? I must’ve missed that announcement. Of course, it’ll only be any use if I can load my ‘normal’ game save into the GOTY version. Have to wait and see if that’s possible.

I can’t trade my vanilla copy in though ‘cos it’s a promo.

4. Lutz

Well, with Oblivion GOTY all the DLC was on a seperate disc. This was installed onto the HDD, just like you downloaded it. The actual game disc was identical to standard Oblivion. So saves should be compatable.

Link:

Quote:
    A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for £39.99 / €59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and £29.99 / €49.99 for PC.

5. Blerk

Awesomes! I shall definitely wait, then.

6. Lutz

Actually, Pat/mike/whoever, if you’re around, might be worth emailing Bethesda about that save point issue with GOTY. IIRC they cleared that point up pretty quickly WRT to the Oblivion GOTY. Should be a quick article for you.