Singularity’s E3 trailer has gameplay, guided bullets

Tuesday, 2nd June 2009 11:07 GMT By Patrick Garratt

singularity2

Singularity’s E3 trailer’s after the break, and it includes a good chuck of gameplay, time-warping, puzzles and some kind of “follow the bullet” thing. For killing people, like.

The game’s set on an ex-Soviet island, and involves lots of people dying. It’s out later this year.

1. G1GAHURTZ

2. Shatner

I’m such a slut for anything involving a bit of time-warping jiggery pokery.

Timeshift was ACE!

3. Blerk

I’m actually pretty interested in what they do with this. I’m sort of hoping for a Bioshock clone.

4. Hero of Canton

I saw this at Acti’s pre-E3 event and I think it could be quite interesting. The plot’s certainly intriguing, and there’s a lot of backstory via tapes, newsreels and documents. It’s a bit of a mish-mash of Bioshock and Timeshift but warping back and forth between near-future and Cold War timelines.

5. mightyhokie

“I’m pretty sure they’re not allowed to use that footage of Putin to promote this game.”

Wrong. Unless they are made in Russia there isn’t a damn thing that commie can do about it.

The only thing preventing companies from using images and so forth is basically copyright. It depends on who took that footage. If it is, say CBS for example, CBS can sell the rights to use it. Nothing Vladimir Poopoo can do about it….well, except murder the developers and their families in their sleep…which is a possibility.

6. mightyhokie

And, G1G, I didn’t mean ‘wrong’ to be so harsh sounding. After reading it I think it sounds kind of dickish. What I should have said was ‘I think you are incorrect’. That matches my intentions a bit better. =>

7. Gekidami