Rumor: Pictures of PSP Go appear from Qore

Saturday, 30th May 2009 16:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

pspgo

[EDIT] PlayStation LifeStyle has pics of the retail box here.

Some pictures of what appear to be PSP Go! from the June issue of Qore surfaced today.

The source is Gaming Console Network and there’sloads of shots of it posted and more over on PS3center.

Claims stemming from the supposed leak say the system has 16 Gb memory, a slot for more memory, it will not replace the PSP 3000, and it is to be released in the fall with no price point attached at this time.

The images look real, but you can never be too sure.

Judge for yourself until E3.

1. Gekidami

Oh lol PSP GO! Its that, not the GPS thing.

2. No_PUDding

Wow… it looks really nice….

EDIT: I will never buy it. I’d buy an iPhone before, and a DS before that. I just don’t like portable i guess.

3. Gekidami

LBP on the screen to.

4. No_PUDding

Great spot.. Wow I am blind.

New PSP for sure.

5. SniperWolf

WOW just WOW E3 Sony well be awesome

6. Johnny Cullen

Wow, I’m really impressed.

I’m actually geniunelly considering getting rid of my PSP-1000 for this.

As long as the price isnt expensive.

7. Gekidami

Shame Sony didnt decide to add a second analogue.
    Gaming Console Network link dosnt work btw, it says “This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota “

8. Stephany Nunneley

Gek, the link works “once in a while” that is why I provided the alternate link. Try again later. The site might be getting bombarded.

9. TheTwelve

This is confirmed for anyone who has Qore. June edition—you can download it now although it says “coming soon”. Get it now before Sony blocks it.

10. deftangel

Hmmm no second analogue is a shame. Looks good though.

11. Madlink

By the looks of it, this one is UMD-less. If they can get this out at a decent price and undercut the PSP-3000 price, it could provide a tempting alternative to those looking to buy a PSP and who don’t care about physical media.

Aestheically, I’m not the biggest fan, although that said, it does have that slightly appealing ‘gadget’ look.

12. G1GAHURTZ

LOL!

Looks some someone messed up BIG TIME!

13. XDamage

Holy shit! Gonna get this and the new Monster Hunter and I’m set! :D

14. Patrick Garratt

“Whoops”.

15. ashlad

Video can be seen here:

16. Seraphemz

GRAN TURISMO PSP CONFIRMED !!!

OH..AND MGS !!

im so happy..

QUIICK – if you are basing it off the pic, dont ! it looks sweet. See it in HD !!!

17. Quiiick

This thing looks absolutely terrible!
    Unless Sony completely lost their sense for style this is fake.

18. TheTwelve

Yep, this is absolutely true and confirmed….looking at the footage from Qore right now. Looks like I’ll be replacing my PSP soon.

PS—It’s TINY. 43% lighter, bluetooth, no UMD, OH and the new MGS game has just been said out loud for the PSP so that’s confirmed too, 16 gigs of space(flash memory) built in, Gran Turismo FOOTAGE!!, —pure digital system

19. Hunam

Do not want.

20. Seraphemz

12 – dont forget GRAN TURISMO !

21. Withnail

Looks OK I guess, I don’t think it won’t be the best looking gadget around. The Bluetooth support is interesting, probably there for headsets. There was never going to be a second nub as it would prevent existing PSPs from being forwards compatible. There’s really no sense in doing that when the PSP has such a huge install base.

The key thing that we don’t know yet is the level of PSN integration. I’m really hoping it lets you sign in fully while playing games, sharing a friends list and trophies with the PS3.

For the right price I’ll buy it. They need to get Disgaea on the store though or allow me to rip the UMD.

22. Gekidami

A second analogue wouldnt at all affect the older models, having 2 different control schemes in games wouldnt be hard.

23. Michael O'Connor

Everything about this is great… EXCEPT for the fact that it’s UMD-less!

That’s not only going to spit in the face of third party developers (a stupid move right there), but it makes the entire back catalogue of games for the machine null and void.

Stupid move Sony. This is only going to isolate developers *and* confuse customers.

24. Shatner

How does the change in distribution medium spit in the face of third party developers?

And what’s to stop the back catalogue being distributed digitally?