Metal Gear 5 – Famitsu interview translated

Wednesday, 27th May 2009 08:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mgs5

Kotaku’s posted a translation of the Famitsu interview with Kojima on the subject of MGS5, or whatever it’s called.

The mag’s blanked out a lot of the pertinent info, but at least now you know that emblems on hats are important.

The Metal Gearness of Kojima’s next project was confirmed last night when Big Boss appears on the game’s teaser site.

1. Gekidami

“Well, it’s not “X”, but a “X” kind of feeling. That’s him. I can’t say the title yet, but it’s this kind of feeling. But it’s the Metal Gear saga’s tradition.”

I’m guess thats: “it’s not “5″, but a “5″ kind of feeling”

And by: “it’s the Metal Gear saga’s tradition.” he’s probably talking about a Substance type game.

2. Mike

Let’s hope the gameplay is completely shaken up.

3. anasui

poor Kojima, he reminds me of Aonuma. They sound enthusiastic but I think they’re so eff tired of working on the same serie for decades

4. bytemap

I say stop making Metal Gear Solid. I mean you’ve established yourself as a gaming force for the gamers. If you are tired of working on the same title, and let’s be honest it can bet a bit tiresome. Get someone else to do it and oversee a bit, but work behind the scenes on something else.

I don’t get the excitement about Metal Gear Solid 5 though? I mean I’ve enjoyed the series, but not like how I see most of the community going at it. :)

5. Yoshi

lol he always says ‘its the last metal gear’ so get used to it :D

6. TheTwelve

Metal Gear Solid is the coolest franchise of all franchises right now. Period.