Details from the July issue of OXM leaked onto the net, this morning and it’s full of Mass Effect 2 information along with some DLC talk for the first Mass Effect.
It is suggested that you take most of this as rumor until the new issue is released, but E3 will have already happened by then, so when it comes out, more than likely we will already know all of this.
As far as DLC for the original Mass Effect, that is not too much of a shocker because more gameplay for the title was was promised back in February. It will, however, be the last bit of anything until the sequel comes out.
“We are definitely working on a substantial new DLC,” said BioWare to OXM. “We’re finishing it up and making sure that it’s going to be really good, and then we’ll announce it, probably pretty [soon].
“That’ll be the last thing between Mass Effect 1 and 2 in terms of content.”
However, most of the article in the mag talks about what will be shown by BioWare at E3 regarding Mass Effect 2.
Apparently this entails whether Shepard is really dead, the new transit system, exploration of new worlds, who you will play, and more information on Thane.
More is posted after the break.
The information is as follows:
- You will play as Shepard, but for how long is unknown
- There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party
- Planets – There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is “Omega” with is like an anti-Citadel in that it’s huge and it’s the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.
- Story – The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and it’s enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disappearing and it’s up to Shepard to investigate, it’s termed as a “suicide mission” which may lead to the details of the teaser.
- New vehicle that controls better than the Mako…a “new” control scheme.
- Totally revamped inventory system
- Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you’re at and where you’re traveling.
- No more texture pop in.
- Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.
- Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.
- Also on the story, they’re super-hyping the ending, saying that it’s much more grand meaningful in ME2.
- More weapons, more species, more/new team members.
- returning team members, locations, weapons.
There is loads more over on NeoGAF, so hit the link for more.
Again, don’t take any of this as fact until the new issue of OXM is released.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.