Heavy Rain – tons of in-game footage

Friday, 22nd May 2009 09:13 GMT By Patrick Garratt

heavyraina7

GTTV just went live with its latest episode, showing loads of new in-game footage of Quantic Dream thriller Heavy Rain. See it here.

There are two developer interviews and a character reveal in there, as well play video of two completely new scenes.

New in-game shots were also released this morning.

The game’s a PS3 exclusive, out this year.

Go!

1. Johnny Cullen

I. want. this. game.

2. mart

Video’s not working for me :(

3. Patrick Garratt

Just added a link, mart.

4. Johnny Cullen

Just got this PR if your interested Pat, concerns Heavy Rain.

PLAYSTATION HOME, EA AND QUANTIC DREAM TO SPEAK AT GAMEHORIZON CONFEFRENCE

– Industry heavyweights will be joined by BBC boss at June event –

The head of the PlayStation Home platform, Quantic Dream’s co-CEO and the former executive director of the Game Developers’ Conference (GDC) are amongst the latest leading games industry figures who have signed up to speak at June’s GameHorizon Conference.

Peter Edward, director of PlayStation Home Platform group, Quantic Dream’s Guillaume de Fondaumière and Jamil Moledina – who left his role in GDC to become outreach director for EA Partners in a shock move last year – will talk at the event on June 23-24 at The Sage Gateshead in North East England. The trio will be joined by Marc Goodchild, the head of interactive and on-demand for BBC Children’s.

An exclusive audience of around 300 games industry executives are expected at the conference, which takes a look at the high-level issues facing the industry now, and where the business opportunities will lie in the near future.

Carri Cunliffe, director of the GameHorizon Conference, said: “We are thrilled to have representatives of EA, Sony, Quantic Dream and the BBC speaking at the conference.

“The diversity of the line-up we’ve put together for the GameHorizon Conference reflects the growing scope of the games industry and its market. With presentations from a mix of established players, up-and-coming organisations, analysts and business leaders from outside the industry, delegates at the conference will get a unique insight into where we are today and where the business opportunities will lie around the corner.”

Sony’s Peter Edward will talk about the opportunities for developers and other games companies to strengthen and develop their IP’s using PlayStation Home, and reveal some of the exciting new content already on the horizon.

Quantic Dream’s Guillaume de Fondaumière will give an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the ideas and technology behind their hugely anticipated upcoming title, Heavy Rain, which is billed as an ‘interactive film noir’.

And Jamil Moledina – who was editor-in-chief of the US’s biggest games industry magazine, Game Developer, before taking charge of the multi-million dollar GDC – will head up a panel session on ‘The Survival of the Fittest’, which will look at whether businesses in the games industry can cope and even thrive during the recession. Also on the panel will be Mark Rein of Epic Games, Darren Jobling of Eutechnyx and Robert Bond of games specialist law firm Speechly Bircham.

A full list of speakers is available at http://www.gamehorizonconference.com/speakers

For more information and to book a place at the GameHorizon Conference go to http://www.gamehorizonconference.com

ENDS

5. mart

Hrm. Not convinced yet.

6. Harry

Vid makes it look like a bleak version of Dragon’s Lair.

7. JPickford

The faces are quite good close up but for the most part the graphics don’t look very special. The characters look as stiff and unrealistic as any other game.

8. mart

More so, if I’m being brutal. That dude with the gun has got some kind of thousand yard stare going on or something, he seems incredibly stiff – nothing going on in his face. Maybe it’s not done yet or something.

As for the dialogue. Well… maybe it just sounds bad out of context :)

I’ll keep my eye on it though, that’s for sure. I enjoyed most of Fahrenheit, so I’m still pretty interested if not completely sold on it.

9. Psychotext

Graphically, it doesn’t look as good as the demo did… but I’m still very interested.

10. Dr.Haggard

So tell me again why QTEs are ok if it’s Quantic? Because this just looks terrible to me.

11. daytripper

Being a multiplatform owner its great as you have the best of what each console has to offer. I’ve got this on pre-order as I loved David Cage’s previous game.

I’ll have to be honest though, this game could be done on Xbox 360, graphics wise, no problem in my view. I do get a bit tired of the PS3 V 360 routine as I really enjoy both and I find things like comparison screens for games a bit sad plus that awful website News4Gamers a bit tiring.

David Cage was hyping his game, no problem with that.I suppose it must be down to the blu-ray disc, level length, tv shows in apartments, music, dialouge which are meant to be big. It’s hard working changing a disc isnt it? I was so tired after changing my Resi 4 gamecube disc.

Should be a great experience and look forward to playing it

12. Mike

Agreed. Nice one.

13. anasui

It would be so easy to think this game will probably flop badly, so I wont say it

14. No_PUDding

Dr Haggard, firtsly you can fail them at any point, and you get the visual reprecussion, and only the action sequences are QTE’s. There’s a lot free roaming exploration of each scene.

And the QTE’s give you options too. And you can die. I eman there’s a lot to be excited about.