Sony considering game rentals and music downloads for PSP

Thursday, 21st May 2009 09:18 GMT By Patrick Garratt

psp2

According to overnight reports, Sony is considering both game rentals and music downloads for PSP.

The company is polling consumers in the US on the subject of a rental service, as you can see on Joystiq, asking questions on costing and potential frequency of use.

In addition, “music industry sources” have told CNET that Sony’s currently in preliminary discussions to bring music downloads to PSP.

“This makes total sense that Sony would try to get content for the device,” said Wedbush Morgan analyst, Michael Pachter, on the subject.

“If Sony is smart, they would manage it the same way iTunes has and be device-agnostic.”

Hit ze links for more.

1. Captain Fruitloop

I used to use my PSP as an mp3 player, but it’s an ugly giant brick of a thing – small children laugh at you in the street when they see you using it as a stand-in ipod.

2. tenthousandgothsonacid

“Sony considering game rentals for music downloads for PSP”

Sony considering game rentals *and* music downloads for PSP ?

Reagrds,
    subediting goths.

3. Patrick Garratt

Fixed. Ta.

4. tenthousandgothsonacid

“Reagrds”

Regards ?

Regards,
    sub-subediting goths.

5. Shatner

Retards.

6. pracer

I think demos are the wtg here. On one hand I like rentals b4 ya buy esp if the rental price will be credited to your purchase price. But mostly renting is like throwing your cash away. For movies we use netflix(and NOTHING is gonna beat that), and for games we use gamefly(sametype of thing). I am not sure what the English versions of those are, but ya get the idea. In no way am I interested in renting movies on my psp, games maybe once in awhile, if the price is right. And I’m not buying music either – have an ipod for that.