ESRB rates PSone MGS and RE for PSN

Thursday, 21st May 2009 07:17 GMT By Patrick Garratt

mgs1

The ESRB has rated Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil: Director’s Cut for PSP and PlayStation 3, according to this Kotaku piece, which is good news indeed.

Further, Spec Ops: Covert Assault, Spec Ops: Ranger Elite and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six have all also been given the ratings treatment for the current gen hardware.

No dates have been put on any of them, but we’ll take the first MGS, please.

Full thing through there.

1. Razor

How Sony have managed to botch i.e. take forever, in bringing probably the most comprehensive game library’s to PSN is simply amazing.

I look forward to the day that PS2 titles are up there….a huge library of PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 games all on the PSN would be an unrivaled service that neither Nintendo, MS or anyone else could provide.

Well, I guess MS could pay developers to get make classic PS1 and PS2 games for Live….which is something I’m sure they’re working on.

2. Johnny Cullen

I really care about the REDC, I just want MGS!

3. Gekidami

Its also up to the original publishers Razor, look at Silent Hill; SCEE put it up but Konami instantly told them to take it down.

I’ve already got RE on DS, but a portable MGS is cool.

4. Mike

This is only the US PSN, btw. So don’t get your hopes up for Europe. :(

5. Gekidami

…Whats stopping you from getting it off the US Store?

6. Razor

Did SCEE put up Silent Hill? I didn’t read about that.

Still, I can’t see why publishers wouldn’t want PS1 classics on the PSN or why it’s taking so long to get them on there…except maybe the PSN bandwidth charges.

I’m pretty sure that Sony are going to have to start charging some form of subscription or one-off payment or something for access; I can’t see how Sony make substantial money from PSN…or even operate it at a profit, unless I’m missing something.

7. DaMan

Spec Ops is a bit out of line.