Animator outs Call of Duty 7 development through online resume

Wednesday, 13th May 2009 15:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

callofduty

A profile page on LinkedIn has inadvertently announced that Call of Duty 7 is in development.

The information was posted by a Senior Animator at Treyarch via his online resume which states: “I am currently on my second title as a senior animator in the games industry with Activision / Treyarch on Call Of Duty 7.”

Shock, surprise, and awe is what you’re feeling, right? We thought so.

Rumors earlier in the month set the title in various locations during the era of the Vietnam War.

1. ShiroGamer

not really
    we already knew

2. Patrick Garratt

I hope it is in Vietnam, to be honest. Providing it’s done “properly”.

3. Morrius

I’ve heard its worse than Modern Warfare 2.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@Shiro Yeah, my sarcasm is not totally awake yet. Sorry.

@Pat I hope it’s set in Vietnam too. At least people our age can identify with it more (oops!) ;-)

5. TheDifficult3rdAlbum

CoD7? So is MW2 classed as CoD6 then and CoDWaW was CoD5?

Ok great. Glad I cleared that up in my head.

6. Patrick Garratt

7. DrDamn

I believe EA are possibly working on a new FIFA title … you heard it here first ;)

8. Patrick Garratt

That sort of idle speculation is exactly how rumours start, you know.

9. Mike

FIFA Hockey confirmed!!

Where are all the hockey titles anyway?

10. Stephany Nunneley

@TheDifficult3rdAlbum Same here :-(

11. Patrick Garratt

They’re in bed with CoD: Vietcong-buster.

12. G1GAHURTZ

Pat!

Why do you care when it’s set?

You haven’t even played COD4 yet… Why are you thinking about playing COD7??

13. Syrok

“As long as you can sit in a helicopter screaming “GET SOME” while shooting random civilians with a machine gun, I’m AOK.”

And possibly have Ride of the Valkyries as background music. ;)

14. G1GAHURTZ

And possibly have Ride of the Valkyries as background music.

Wrong scene! Wrong film even! Anyway, there is already a Charlie Don’t Surf level in COD4…

But you wouldn’t know that if you hadn’t played it…

Obviously…

15. Syrok

Meh, Vietnam + Helicopters needs Ride of the Valkyries.

16. Gekidami

It’ll sort of go against the name wont it? Vietnam was hardly a ‘Call Of Duty’…

17. hitnrun

W@@ is classified as 5 and MW2 is classified as 6…

…until Activision wants to “reimaginate” the franchise in a few years, whereupon they’ll declare that game Call of Duty 5.

I’m not big on Vietnam in particular, but I am big on playing shooters that aren’t set in WW2, a setting that was run into the ground before Activision’s marketing deptartment conceived of CoD.

18. Captain Fruitloop

‘Call of Conscription’.

19. Gekidami

I’ve got nothing against WW2 games, it was actually for a nobal cause (unlike nearly every war after), had massive hard battles, and every weapon didnt have an automatic option. I wouldnt mind seeing another WW2 CoD as long as it covers new battles, factions and weapons.

20. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, you could fight for the Nazi’s this time!

21. Syrok

“It’ll sort of go against the name wont it? Vietnam was hardly a ‘Call Of Duty’…”

A war is a war. Shit no matter how you justify it.

22. G1GAHURTZ

COD7 should be set in space…

In a galaxy as far away as possible.

Or a black hole, even…

23. Gekidami

Why not play as the Nazis for a campaign? In the end most of them were just soldiers fighting for exactly the sames reasons as the other nations.

24. G1GAHURTZ

I don’t really have a problem with that, but I’ve got a feeling a lot of other people would.

I was listening to people discussing the trial of this alleged Nazi war criminal on the radio last night, and lets just say that emotions were running pretty high…

I agree, it would be more interesting if they at least gave you the option to pick a side though.

25. ShiroGamer

“COD7 should be set in space…”
    reminds me of when the rumors started surfacing about COD6′s theme/location,
    good times

people back then thought nothing more could be done after they’ve played MW

thats how great MW is ,peeps
    go play it for fuk sakes ,pat