More details on upcoming patch for Dawn of War II

Saturday, 9th May 2009 20:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

dawnofwarii7

Relic has released more information regarding the upcoming patch for Dawn of War II.

Patch 1.3 will include new abilities, armor, wargear and weapons

The new scout armor provides a burst of speed to squads facing melee attacks, while new a weapon called the Roar of Revelation, is a shotgun that stuns and causes knockbacks from stealth.

A new sword, Ardent Wrath, dishes out 52 damage-per-second and can stun enemies with a charge attack. There’s also a new ability for the Dreadnaught assault cannon.

Cool stuff.

Via LA Examiner.

1. loki

who care ?

2. absolutezero

Well you seem to have clicked through the full article and posted that comment so I would say perhaps… you?

3. anasui

I’m still waiting for the patch which turns the game into a proper RTS and makes it an actually fun game. I believe that will be called SC2 (hopefully)

4. Hakkiz

I’m more of an action game type but DOW2 actually surprised me. Since it’s fairly easy to pick up and play, you can just hop in and have a blast even if you don’t have hours to spend. Suits me. I’m glad they continue supporting the game. =)

5. Grimrita

I agree with anasui. DoW 2 is utter crap. You dont change a winning formula, but improve on it – unless of course you are Relic, who took out all the good bits from the original DoW and kept them out!

@Hakkiz – you could hop into DoW 1 as well. Essentially, what we have here is Company of Heroes in a Warhammer frock! CoH is a fine game in its own right – so we dont need a clone.

6. SwiftRanger

It ain’t CoH nor StarCraft because basebuilding is largely gone, which is one of the best things that could have happened to this franchise as the buildings in DoW1 + the gazillion addons felt tacked on. It was just (reinforcement) spam like so many other RTSs and the formula was completely drained out with those addons. Just putting on some shine and do the same thing again for the sequel would have been awful.

DoW II focuses on the right stuff for a WH40k game (get the most out of every squad) and I am glad this patch will likely bring it to a level in which the game should have been released. I don’t want to play a RTS with a 1998 style/control scheme again, that’s where we got StarCraft 2/the EALA RTSs for.

7. anasui

well some of us still find base building, gathering resources, organizing your little army fun, and immensely satisfying. Playing DOW2 was a terrible shock to me, its just a gather badass people, pew pew pew, orcs dead, fin. I could stomach the first half, then trashed the dvd and cried over the death of one of my favourite spinoffs. I believe the total absence of it caused quite a shock in a lot of RTS fans, and now the game isnt a RTS anymore. Just call it a TBA (team based action) and leave the genre for good

I heard SF2 has base building too, which is about my last hope before abandoning this sinking ship once for all. Surely if you’re right about this I’m reinstalling Rise of Nations, or DOW if theres till people online, for the 100 time and have a blast as usual

8. SwiftRanger

You know, the lack of basebuilding means you can focus more on troops themselves (and with cover/hero poweres you get enough goodies to spend time on). If you still want to build stuff then play Techmarine or Mekboy or wait till they add in the Imperial Guard. I don’t think Relic is deaf to the basebuilding crowd.