Rumor: Konami working on exclusive “new title” for Xbox 360

Tuesday, 5th May 2009 17:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

konami

Metal Gear Solid composer Norihiko Hibino’s website has revealed a new Konami title for the Xbox 360.

The site lists the game under 2009 projects, and has it as a Japan release only so far:

Bayonetta is listed as a PS3 only title on the site, when it clearly isn’t, so an Xbox exclusive is just speculation at this point. Hopefully some light will be shed on this in June.

We can’t say it enough – come on E3.

Via Gamezine.

1. No_PUDding

More to the point, is that there is a GrassHopper title, for PS3! Again, not necessarily exclusive, but I wouldn’t say no to a next gen outing from Suda51!

Also this COULD be an exclsuive Konami title for the 360, as they are doing a lot of old XBLA titles, music might need updating.

2. ecu

No, it’s not a new Metal Gear.

3. loki

it is MGS 1 remake

4. bxsentinel

but can you hear all the people chiming in about another metal gear lol. they are probably gonna say its a special ed of mgs 4.

5. Syrok

ISS 2010 \o/

6. mortiferus

My money is on MGS: The Liquid Solid Snakes of Story Telling Boredom and Confusion. I’m also betting they will launch a touch version for iPhone/iPods.

Ohh Konami how low have you sunk since the days of ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start!

7. hitnrun

I’m not sure even Xbox fanboys would even care very much about a MGS4 special edition at this point, except to parade it around forums for a while.

It’s the same for Sony fans who wave aloft years-late ports of Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden, and Eternal Sonata. Does anyone even still care?

8. mortiferus

@hitnrun. Definately agree. I would rather have a Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire game on 360 than a port of MGS.

9. No_PUDding

I don’t even like Bioshock, Ninja Gaiden or Eternal Sonata.

Actually, Sigma was pretty cool, I can see why people like it, but I preferred the demo of Wolverine.

10. Blerk

Pud, Grasshopper are working with EA on a 360/PS3 horror game. It’s no secret.